Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

Can't get RC4 to respond since p3d4 upgrade

No matter what I try in MCE, I cannot get a reply when handling the radios myself. MCE voices are recognized just fine with the first officer handling the comms. But I can't get atc using the delete key, or a ptt button. I tried re-training, re-installing, restoring to factory defaults. Do you have any other suggestions I can try.  

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

No matter what I try in MCE, I cannot get a reply when handling the radios myself. MCE voices are recognized just fine with the first officer handling the comms. But I can't get atc using the delete key, or a ptt button. I tried re-training, re-installing, restoring to factory defaults. Do you have any other suggestions I can try.  

Are you flying GA or airliners.

Are we talking Native ATC, Radar Contact ATC or PF3 ATC.

What call-sign are you using?

How confident are you with ATC jargon. You need to transmit messages swiftly. That means little hesitation when speaking NATO alphabet and ATC phraseology.

Give example of spoken commands.

Thanks

4 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Have you "upgraded" to P3dv4? I.e. the 64 bit P3d? If so, are you using FSUIPC v5? Also have you run makerunways v4.2?

The 64 bit P3d needs these to be able to run Radar Contact v4 correctly.

Then, can you hear the PTT transmit "noise" when you press the PTT button? Turn this up to maximum in the MCE GUI settings. 

Can you see your radio transmission printed in words across the top of the monitor?

Even with the feature "Your Radio" or first officer has comms, you can still use your PTT and the FO will repeat your radio transmission.

The key is, can you see what you have just said, on the screen? 

I use RC4 in P3dv3.4.....32 bit. When it works it's superb, even though it's many years old, has had no development in years and won't get any more! Some don't like it, but if you download the Meatwater voices, it demands fast responses from the pilot and if your flying is off you will get told off! It's therefore good practise, be you a retired type or a budding trainee Captain!

Best regards

Hello again Gerald, the problem occurs whenever I try to use RC4, I can communicate just fine with native atc. Aircraft makes no difference. Commands are the same that I have been used in MCE over the past few years that I've owned it. I'm an instrument rated private pilot A.S.E.L. so I'm pretty confident with ATC jargon, but I'm aware that some of that jargon doesn't work with MCE. Using "N" numbers or airline flight numbers don't make a difference. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

10 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

Have you "upgraded" to P3dv4? I.e. the 64 bit P3d? If so, are you using FSUIPC v5? Also have you run makerunways v4.2?

The 64 bit P3d needs these to be able to run Radar Contact v4 correctly.

Then, can you hear the PTT transmit "noise" when you press the PTT button? Turn this up to maximum in the MCE GUI settings. 

Can you see your radio transmission printed in words across the top of the monitor?

Even with the feature "Your Radio" or first officer has comms, you can still use your PTT and the FO will repeat your radio transmission.

The key is, can you see what you have just said, on the screen? 

I use RC4 in P3dv3.4.....32 bit. When it works it's superb, even though it's many years old, has had no development in years and won't get any more! Some don't like it, but if you download the Meatwater voices, it demands fast responses from the pilot and if your flying is off you will get told off! It's therefore good practise, be you a retired type or a budding trainee Captain!

Best regards

Hello David, 

Yes it's V4, FSUIPC 5.112, the new makerwys 4.8.2, LorbySI.... The PTT noise is very faint but audible, my transmissions are corfirmed in red text across the top of my monitor screen but no reply no momentary blink of the dialog box, nothing. Where the RC4 dialog box used to say RC4, it now says SimConnect. I can leave the first officer to handle the radio and that works fine but sometimes I prefer to request to take over or request a different runway and that's where I'll have an issue

Edited by jalbino59
addition

Jose A.

17 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Hello David, 

Yes it's V4, FSUIPC 5.112, the new makerwys 4.8.2, LorbySI.... The PTT noise is very faint but audible, my transmissions are corfirmed in red text across the top of my monitor screen but no reply no momentary blink of the dialog box, nothing. Where the RC4 dialog box used to say RC4, it now says SimConnect. I can leave the first officer to handle the radio and that works fine but sometimes I prefer to request to take over or request a different runway and that's where I'll have an issue

Ah, I see.

Unfortunately I don't yet have P3dV4. I didn't think RC4 could work in P3dv4, but reading numerous posts, guys have got it going with the new FSUIPC. I am awaiting the 4.1 upgrade in a couple of weeks, then I may "have at it"..:ohmy:

I don't know why RC4 has been replaced by Simconnect? It sounds like your message is going into MCE but not getting to RC4.  I would wait for the MCE guys to investigate.

Best regards.

Thanks David. I appreciate your advice. BTW I really enjoy your videos on you tube.

Jose A.

1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

Thanks David. I appreciate your advice. BTW I really enjoy your videos on you tube.

Thank you, its nice to be appreciated!:cool:

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, jalbino59 said:

Hello David, 

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Indeed, just checked and it appears the window name was changed to "SimConnect Message Window", which means MCE can no longer identify that window for a start. And who knows what else might have changed.

This will automatically trigger an update ASAP (hopefully sorted by the end of the week). It's very likely this would also have affected PF3 interfacing in P3D V4.

Excellent that you identified the issue so quickly. Thanks Gerald!

Jose A.

On 10/3/2017 at 0:09 AM, jalbino59 said:

Excellent that you identified the issue so quickly. Thanks Gerald!

Download this file , unzip and replace fsInsider64.dll inside \Prepar3D V4\ installation folder.

Should restore integration with RC4 and PF3 under P3D x64

57 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Download this file , unzip and replace fsInsider64.dll inside \Prepar3D V4\ installation folder.

Fantastic will try it as soon as possible. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm sure it will be. Thanks!

Jose A.

Hello 

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Hello Gerald, unfortunately the new dll did not work. I replaced the dll in the sim installation folder, restarted my pc, restored mce to default setting, ran the app wizard..... Now when I acknowledge a clearance the simconnect window flickers continually. If I try to kill the app using your kill tool my windows menu does not open, instead it opens a the window search bar and the  '  key appears to be stuck and repeating, I have to call up the task manager and kill both the MCE and RC4 processes to be able to get again the first officer can handle the com radio without any problems. Native ATC interface works ok.  RC4 is still a no go. 

Jose A.

7 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Hello 

Hello Gerald, unfortunately the new dll did not work. I replaced the dll in the sim installation folder, restarted my pc, restored mce to default setting, ran the app wizard..... Now when I acknowledge a clearance the simconnect window flickers continually. If I try to kill the app using your kill tool my windows menu does not open, instead it opens a the window search bar and the  '  key appears to be stuck and repeating, I have to call up the task manager and kill both the MCE and RC4 processes to be able to get again the first officer can handle the com radio without any problems. Native ATC interface works ok.  RC4 is still a no go. 

Suggest you change the RC4 ATC window control assignment to "CTRL+SHIFT+W". Make it different from the key used for Native Atc.

The flickering might be to do with "Auto-hide ATC window", and possibly something causing the ATC window to pop-up.

Actually, in order to prevent Native Atc interfering with RC4, MCE auto-hides the Native Atc window using " ' " key. So maybe the root cause.

Disable that option in MCE panel, then speak "show ATC" and "Hide ATC" to see whether MCE can control the new style FSUIPC window with "Simconnect message window" title.

I assume you're running P3D in native mode, not using "decoys" and such. Like telling it it's P3D V3 or V2.

fsInsider64.dll needs to know the exact simulator version and Windows version you're running, because it does different things with ATC interfacing based on that crucial information.,

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Suggest you change the RC4 ATC window control assignment to "CTRL+SHIFT+W". Make it different from the key used for Native Atc.

The flickering might be to do with "Auto-hide ATC window", and possibly something causing the ATC window to pop-up.

Actually, in order to prevent Native Atc interfering with RC4, MCE auto-hides the Native Atc window using " ' " key. So maybe the root cause.

Disable that option in MCE panel, then speak "show ATC" and "Hide ATC" to see whether MCE can control the new style FSUIPC window with "Simconnect message window" title.

I assume you're running P3D in native mode, not using "decoys" and such. Like telling it it's P3D V3 or V2.

fsInsider64.dll needs to know the exact simulator version and Windows version you're running, because it does different things with ATC interfacing based on that crucial information.,

I will try these suggestions and report back. Yes p3d v4 in native mode and the only sim currently installed on my machine. 

Jose A.