Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

I'm still currently using FSX and wondered if FSX users will get any of the changes for example the use of the GTN and possibly the icing bug that caused the screen to flicker?

Kind regards

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

6 hours ago, Jordi van der Meer said:

does the weather radar work?

jordi van der meer

At the present time the main goal is to just get it all working in P3D so for now no weather radar. I don't know for sure if it's in the plan to add it later. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

17 hours ago, Ralgh said:

At the present time the main goal is to just get it all working in P3D so for now no weather radar. I don't know for sure if it's in the plan to add it later. 

ohh i thought that with active sky it would be just a matter of hours to make it... And pmdg already has a weather radar for their other aircraft... 

On 9/30/2017 at 9:04 AM, Olympic260 said:

Did you read Dan's reply 5posts above yours?

"That old FMC is replaced with a GPS with an option to add the Flight1 GTN750."

I'm stoked for the release as I don't own it on FSX.  Any idea if the add on GPS will be at a discount?

Jan-Michael Allen

4 hours ago, LittleBula80 said:

I'm stoked for the release as I don't own it on FSX.  Any idea if the add on GPS will be at a discount?

Jan-Michael Allen

I've been following almost all the discounts on the addons and I tell you that they have never made any discounts on this product.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Like et31 said, the icing bug that caused the screen to flicker is an issue that much more than half of the pilots have been suffer, I could never fly with the icing effects on because of this bug, PMDG could never fix it, I hope the weather radar active sky compatible working on, and the flickering VC poligons issue, with the ice effects enable, fixed, will be two points taken for granted. That is the only way i will purchase this lovely bird.

9 hours ago, LittleBula80 said:

Jan-Michael Allen

You don't need the GTN addon, there is a default GPS available at no extra charge. However, most flights in this bird are 1-2 hr regional routes and I prefer to fly it with old fashion VOR navigation.

Dan Downs KCRP

20 minutes ago, downscc said:

You don't need the GTN addon, there is a default GPS available at no extra charge. However, most flights in this bird are 1-2 hr regional routes and I prefer to fly it with old fashion VOR navigation.

You'd be the only person left on the planet that doesn't fly with a GPS lol

Hey folks!

So very stoked about the J41 hitting the 64bit scene. My sim time is very touch and go at the moment. I live in Naples, FL and we were the welcoming committee for hurricane Irma. Although most of us were out of work for a couple of weeks the overtime lately has brought me P3dv4 and soon, my very missed J41.

I read through all the comments and wanted to shed some light on Garmin and updating navdata for the 750 or 650. This is not at all for most people. I know because I'm just crazy enough to do it, and did two years ago. In fact I made a video of it. I won't go into finding it other than the legal way, so brace yourself. Back when I got it, it was $200 for one cycle. Around $1k for what I wanted, which included global most everythings... charts, navaids, etc. USA is the cheapest if memory serves me correctly. Unfortunately money isn't the only obstacle, or I should say at the time, though I don't know if they changed anything yet, I would hope they would change this next fact due to the simmers out there in demand of their data. That fact is you need(ed) a registered tail number as well in order to register your account with Garmin. Back then I went back and forth with Garmin via email. Long story short, you can get it, but it wasn't their policy to break policy back then. Not sure now.

I posted a youtube video of the GTN-750 back then and if you pay attention you'll see that I had updated navdata, charts, etc. Many people asked many questions and I answered as best as I could. Reading them now is a good source of info for even me and would say to first read my description of the video and then the comments. I don't remember and don't plan on doing it again until I buy an actual aircraft, haha.

As for the actual FMC. I read one comment by Dan Downs (heya Dan) where he said it was just an option to have the 750, thus believing the default was still available, but later read him state the legacy version being 3rd party. I am a tad confused though no longer think the older default is also optional. For me it's a "bit" sad, but only because we fell in love with what we had back then so remember her for how we knew her. The GTN models are simply great and having them teamed up should be as big a success as adding peanut chocolate to peanut butter! One person made a major valid point to why the 750 is much better and I apologize that I now forget (it's been a loooong week and my eyes are squinting to type).

Again, sooooo happy to see my favorite turbo prop in the maintenance hangar at last!!!

PS. Don't forget to engage the stop locks during engine shutdown! It's not the plane, it's often the user :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

PSS. At: 2:40 I actually load airway "J41", haha. I sign the 750 was meant to be with the J41? ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

16 hours ago, Turbine777 said:

As for the actual FMC. I read one comment by Dan Downs (heya Dan) where he said it was just an option to have the 750, thus believing the default was still available, but later read him state the legacy version being 3rd party. I am a tad confused though no longer think the older default is also optional.

Howdy Dan:  To clarify, there is a default GPS much as the same default GPS in the DC6.  The GTN750 is an option, user has to have the GTN750 then all that is required is an option setting using OC.  The old FMC is out of service.

We used to subscribe to navdata from Garmin for the 530s we had in the Chancellor.  I don't remember the cost, it and the subscription to XM satellite weather was nil compared to the cost of fuel.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, downscc said:

The GTN750 is an option, user has to have the GTN750 then all that is required is an option setting using OC.

Dan, Will both the Flight1 and the RXP GTN750 be supported?

Ted Striker

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

17 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

Dan, Will both the Flight1 and the RXP GTN750 be supported?

Ted Striker

At the present time only P3D development is going on and it is only to get the J41 working on that platform. Adding features can become a slippery slope which could prolong development. That doesn't necessarily mean additional features can't or won't be added in the future  

There has been no mention of adding the RXP gps to the FSX version. I am assuming it will not be added since the FSX version already has a working FMS but you never know. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Thanks Tom. I was just wondering if there was any discussion with RXP on using their GPSs in the P3D version also. Probably too early to ask this question.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

On 30/09/2017 at 5:51 PM, sidfadc said:

Nice when can we expect this bird to be released?

On 30/09/2017 at 5:53 PM, Olympic260 said:

Thomas, PMDG never gives release dates :)

You'll hear more after P3D 4.1 is out. 

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg