Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

I don´t think that the A2A aircraft (GA, warbirds, vintage airliners) are more a niche within a niche that complex modern airliners like PMDG 737, 747, 777 or from other highend addon developers.

I rather think that the lack of bashing A2A comes down to the fact that they never set a release dateor even release "window", therfore if nothing has been kind of promised, then there is nothing to bsh them about.

Giving release dates should not be a problem as long as people come to the fact that those dates are what the developers hope to accomplish and not a promise hammered in stone.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

6 hours ago, Wothan said:

Giving release dates should not be a problem as long as people come to the fact that those dates are what the developers hope to accomplish and not a promise hammered in stone

The issue is that, for a portion of the community, they don’t realize this and think that if they set a date, they are getting a product by that date. Just look what happened with QualityWings all the times they gave release timelines and failed to deliver, the backlash was immense. Most other developers have learned this lesson, and I assume QW have as well.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

The issue is that, for a portion of the community, they don’t realize this and think that if they set a date, they are getting a product by that date. Just look what happened with QualityWings all the times they gave release timelines and failed to deliver, the backlash was immense. Most other developers have learned this lesson, and I assume QW have as well.

Agreed, I among everyone else is anxiously waiting for the release of the JS41 (Been waiting in line at the store, tent n' all, haven't budged - Running out of food!). I just think its a bit rude to hammer developers for updates and twisting information given about a product. Patience, people, patience. As a software developer myself, I understand frustration over trying to please a customer base (it's not easy), besides, Christmas is just a few days away :ph34r: (and let the speculation begin ...).

• Upvote 1

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

6 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

The JS41 would be a great christmas eve gift! :laugh:

Yes, yes it would....:laugh:

23 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

The JS41 would be a great christmas eve gift! :laugh:

Somehow I don't think it will be a "gift"! :laugh:

Dave Garwood.

Would love to have the JS back in my hanger, thoroughly missed flying her since moving from FSX to P3D v3, then v4.

Regional props are my thing, I spend most of my P3D v4 hours in the Majestic Q400 - really looking forward to both the JS and Flight1 KingAir for v4.

I have no expectation of release date, I'd rather it took a while longer and came out the stable polished.

Measure twice, cut once.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

15 hours ago, Dave CBFS said:

Somehow I don't think it will be a "gift"! :laugh:

Just a release would be a gift for me :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Well I won't be buying it without the FMS, cant stand the Garmin GPS units and I don't own and never will any flight1 or RXP Garmin addons.

I wouldn't pay for the JS41 again and then pay out another $50 for a realistic GPS which still isn't realistic for the JS41, not posting this because I know it won't change anything just felt like I should voice my feelings for an addon that I spend 50% of ALL my flights in (the other 50% in the Q400Pro).

• Upvote 3

I would again suggest that when I want to fly the Magenta, I have several superb choices. When I want to fly raw data, I have several superb choices. Either way, I enjoy the experience.

Flying the -41 or the -6 on raw data, into a regional airport with terrain, at minimums, is enormously satisfying. The sense of exhaustion and exhilaration more than makes up for the lack of an archaic FMS.

I appreciate other opinions, but want to assert mine in the midst of this chatter.

More screenies “soon” ;)

C

• Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, lasnubes said:

More screenies “soon” ;)

Haha,

honestly, I wait for the release every minute and then you come in and announce screen shots.. 

:laugh:

Yes, I was hoping that the P3D version would be on final approach by now, but I guess you can't rush perfection :wink:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 03/01/2018 at 7:50 AM, DaveHardy said:

Well I won't be buying it without the FMS, cant stand the Garmin GPS units and I don't own and never will any flight1 or RXP Garmin addons.

Why do you hate Garmin GPS so much? Just curious, that's all.

David Porrett

46 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Why do you hate Garmin GPS so much? Just curious, that's all.

And if you hate Garmin, what do you fly with??  Everything is Garmin.