Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

Come on now that's hyperbole, most airliners do not have Garmin kit, it's mainly aimed at General Aviation. Perhaps he flies with the Honeywell GNS-XLS....

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, FishermanIvan said:

And if you hate Garmin, what do you fly with??  Everything is Garmin. 

My real aircraft has a full Garmin kit - G600, GTN 750/650 & GTS 800. It is awesome.

David Porrett

2 hours ago, DavidP said:

My real aircraft has a full Garmin kit - G600, GTN 750/650 & GTS 800. It is awesome.

Lucky man, David.

Feel free to send me your AVTN_WW_DB.bin, safetaxi.bin, terrain.odb and card files!!! :)

I'm sure you already know it, but you can copy them to your C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer\db folder and be as up to date as your real world systems. I've done it a couple of times. Works 100%

PS. We both have the same 2 initials, so it wouldn't really be theft either!!! JK ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

3 hours ago, Turbine777 said:

Feel free to send me your AVTN_WW_DB.bin, safetaxi.bin, terrain.odb and card files!!! :)

Ha, only if you need a Pacific regional database!

David Porrett

As promised....

Today, early in Florida, still earlier in Seattle, I decided to run through a series of circuits and bumps to check out the new update.  The Wx was cold and wet and the visibility was a typical Seattle Sound winter morning horrible- perfect!

Here we are beginning the long taxi all the way from the Alaska Maintrol Hangar all the way to the other end of the field.

XwmcurM.jpg

6jgr2ac.jpg

Lined up, condition levers to flight and nothing but murk ahead...lovely...

8YK2ZEJ.jpg

Positive climb, and reaching for the gear... that's the last bit of ground until short final ;)

mW62QIj.jpg

Thereafter, there was only grey :)

• Upvote 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Just establishing now...

YB0yVKp.jpg

Hand flying in this soup, being bounced around and peering forward through the driving rain, we finally saw treetops...

jiEN3of.jpg

Coming in over the piano keys, incredible rapid control inputs keeping us "sorta" centered....

AxeE4uD.jpg

... and turning off to find the center line taxi greens...

ZXdMUGk.jpg

I turned on the AP for the DW leg, just to mop my brow... turning it off as soon as I was on the LOC.  I promise- not once through the entire session did I ever miss the FMS.

;)

C

• Upvote 7

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

... I was referring to the latest KSEA update from T2G...

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Where is the flightplan? LNAV is off and there is no track on the EHSI.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks for the screenshots! Can't wait to get my favorite bird back into my sim. As for not missing the FMS, not a big deal for me as I'll be updating the avionics.... Hopefully really soon! :biggrin:

I am quite sad :( With the old FMS I spend a couple of EUR to get the latest ARIAC (e.g. from Navigraph). According to what I hear from Flight1's GTN I need a real-life Garmin update for a couple of hundred EUR just to keep my GTN database up to date?!

I think the standard GPS will not be an Option for me...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, lasnubes said:

As promised....

Today, early in Florida, still earlier in Seattle, I decided to run through a series of circuits and bumps to check out the new update.  The Wx was cold and wet and the visibility was a typical Seattle Sound winter morning horrible- perfect!

Here we are beginning the long taxi all the way from the Alaska Maintrol Hangar all the way to the other end of the field.

6jgr2ac.jpg

Lined up, condition levers to flight and nothing but murk ahead...lovely...

8YK2ZEJ.jpg

Positive climb, and reaching for the gear... that's the last bit of ground until short final ;)

Thereafter, there was only grey :)

Is the rain effects is TrueGlass from TFDi Or is something new from PMDG ???

Great Pictures

16 minutes ago, itay5344 said:

Is the rain effects is TrueGlass from TFDi Or is something new from PMDG ???

Something old from PMDG.  The FSX version has this as well as airframe icing.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

17 hours ago, michaelth said:

Where is the flightplan? LNAV is off and there is no track on the EHSI.

Michael

Michael-

Sorry, I just saw this... there is no flight plan... rather SEA and ISNQ are identified and course radials selected.  As mentioned a few times in my J-41 and DC-6 posts, I revel in the return to raw data. Even when flying the -41 on feeder/commuter routes, I only use the GPS for SA, choosing to identify Navaids manually, and relying on radials, DME and triangulating for position confirmation.  This keeps me busy enough to sate my daily simulation desires within 90 minutes ;)

After all, any time I want, there is Milk of Magenta aplenty...

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Carl,

thank you for your clarification. Before I moved to P3D (and un-installed FSX) the JS-41 was one of my favourite vehicles. Good to get her back soon.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals