Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

On ‎29‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 10:39 AM, ckyliu said:

I was actually referring to the delayed release of the J41 for P3D mentioned by qqwertzde and which RSR discussed in his recent press release.

The reasons behind the GNS-XLS FMS removal are already known; it wasn't developed in-house by PMDG so they'd have to pay the original author to recompile it or develop their own from scratch.

As far as I remember ( and I might be wrong) the FMS for the legacy J-41 was developed by Henning van Rendsburg, who still developes for PMDG (f.ex the DC-6B).

So maybe the problem is rather that it's too cumberstone to convert the old FMS code from 32 to 64bit, which is an acceptable excuse.

It´s also true that the Airac of the Flight1 GNS sin´t up to date, but as far as I know You can still use older Airacs on Vatsim and Ivao - You just have to tell the controllers that Your on an older Airac. Often the changes are very subtile anyway.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

3 hours ago, Wothan said:

As far as I remember ( and I might be wrong) the FMS for the legacy J-41 was developed by Henning van Rendsburg, who still developes for PMDG (f.ex the DC-6B).

Nope

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Nope

Arrgg...

Now I see - the developer of the FMS was Ernie Alston - the developer of FSBuild if I remember correct !

• Upvote 1

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

That would certainly make sense as an almost identical Honeywell GNS-XLS appears in QualityWing's BAe 146 (not the Avro RJ). If and when QW port it across to P3Dv4, it may be possible to pop that version of the gauge back in to the J41.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

20 hours ago, ckyliu said:

That would certainly make sense as an almost identical Honeywell GNS-XLS appears in QualityWing's BAe 146 (not the Avro RJ). If and when QW port it across to P3Dv4, it may be possible to pop that version of the gauge back in to the J41.

Well, having released a 787 and having at least somehow announced their 757 for P4D this makes QW a competitor to PMDG, or vice versa... Not sure if both would share their material that easily.

I don't think he's talking about QW and PMDG sharing material, possibly making own edits to put that gauge into the PMDG cockpit via editing if you own it as part of the QW product.

... if this particular discussion continues, this thread is destined to sunset... could we steer back to just the PMDG J-41 please...

C

• Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

23 hours ago, lasnubes said:

could we steer back to just the PMDG J-41 please...

C

Got some Screenshots? :tongue:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Got some Screenshots? :tongue:

Sure-

I have been poking around some more of the Orbx World, and have found that in addition to being superb destinations for my Annuschka (another Alexander Metzger masterpiece from Aerosoft) some of the larger Orbx airports are ideal for the J-41 (and the DC-6, and sometimes the NG).  This afternoon I got lost in the splendor of Sedona.  "Not a cloud in the sky" means not even one here! Have I mentioned how happy I am that PMDG's fleet has expanded to allow me to lose myself in Orbx occasionally? 

All too soon we will be busy pouring over performance data for the GEnNx engines... but for now... I am happy to order a cappuccino at the airport bar, and day dream about wind art helixes glinting and moving in clear sunlight.

YAQwJrS.jpg

bmXeRQR.jpg

bVsX42c.jpg

NSkChXa.jpg

BTW, hot and heavy at altitude results in Density Altitudes that merit a second close look at performance charts....  despite the beefy appearance of the TPEs.

C

• Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

49 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

This afternoon I got lost in the splendor of Sedona. 

This is a wonderful JS41 destination.  I spent an hour or so in the local pattern working on my VMC 'circuits' as Brits call it, pure enjoyment.  I've taken the DC6 into here too, just be sure to plan where you are parking before the flight.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I‘m soo much hoping that I will get the JS41 before my 2 weeks holiday around easter... it would be amazing to use the time hopping around in the western USA... *_*

Had a lot of fun a couple of years ago hopping all around Iceland in the J41 in FSX. Looking forward to repeating and expanding on that experience in P3D4.

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

I love how arrogant some of these guys are "Nope"!!!  I too am bummed that the old girl has been pushed back.  Was really looking forward to seeing her in my P3Dv4.2, especially after comment like "coming to your desktop in short order."

• Upvote 1

Jan-Michael-

Having the privilege of knowing and working with Dan Downs for decades, I can assure you "arrogant" is not an appropriate descriptor for him.  He has spent DECADES AND COUNTLESS HOURS giving back to the Flight Sim community selflessly.  Those who have walked these halls for some time will doubtless remember his SIDS and STARS that were an integral part of EACH Navdata update....

Succinct perhaps, arrogant never.  His is a household name in the FS space, unlike some others.... so please consider how your glib remarks could be interpreted, BEFORE posting this sort of commentary.

I urge you to continue to look forward to the J-41 in Prepar3d... when she releases, she will be worth the wait.  I am told patience is a virtue.

Respectfully- Carl Avari-Cooper

• Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper