Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

14 hours ago, LittleBula80 said:

I love how arrogant some of these guys are "Nope"...

Kinda reminds me of the way a guy I knew over at a well-known Virtual Airlines acted...identical in fact.

Randy

2 hours ago, lasnubes said:

Jan-Michael-

Having the privilege of knowing and working with Dan Downs for decades, I can assure you "arrogant" is not an appropriate descriptor for him.  He has spent DECADES AND COUNTLESS HOURS giving back to the Flight Sim community selflessly.  Those who have walked these halls for some time will doubtless remember his SIDS and STARS that were an integral part of EACH Navdata update....

Succinct perhaps, arrogant never.  His is a household name in the FS space, unlike some others.... so please consider how your glib remarks could be interpreted, BEFORE posting this sort of commentary.

I urge you to continue to look forward to the J-41 in Prepar3d... when she releases, she will be worth the wait.  I am told patience is a virtue.

Respectfully- Carl Avari-Cooper

This ... exactly.  Folka make it seem like groups are somehow being "targeted" or that a developer makes a decision "just because".  Definitely not true.  They are a business as well.  When any developer makes a decision to push something back, it is not an easy decision.  They have to go where the demand is.  Quite frankly, right now the demand for their current workload is a lot more than the JS-41.

I am eager to fly this thing.  I loved the JS-41 way back in the days when FSX was actually a thing.  But as Carl stated, patience is indeed a virtue, and when she does come to us, she'll be well worth it.  In the meantime, the FS community is fortunate enough to have literally hundreds of thousands of aircraft models an variants to enjoy in the meantime :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, anthonyg96 said:

When is release for p3d for j4100

Probably on a Thursday.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

In the PMDG operations center I can read: "Product is in final testing. Please check back soon!"

Sorry, but a serious company wouldn't leave such a saying for months without further information how it is going on. Generating an interest for a product without deliver it in an expectable time makes potential customers nothing more then angry.

I suggest to change this  to "Product will come ones in a blue moon. Please check back as often you want !"
LOL

• Upvote 1

Isn't it nice we can all have opinions...

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, wokadoka said:

In the PMDG operations center I can read: "Product is in final testing. Please check back soon!"

Sorry, but a serious company wouldn't leave such a saying for months without further information how it is going on. Generating an interest for a product without deliver it in an expectable time makes potential customers nothing more then angry.

I suggest to change this  to "Product will come ones in a blue moon. Please check back as often you want !"
LOL

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

It has been already mentioned that this project has been sidetracked due to the 747-8 and some other projects currently taken higher place

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

On 3/8/2018 at 11:57 PM, Olympic260 said:

"It has been already mentioned that this project has been sidetracked due to the 747-8 and some other projects currently taken higher place"

That's ok, the money set aside for purchase of said project has been sidetracked to other developers and may not reappear. But hey, that's business.

Steve McLaren

• Upvote 1

That is indeed business.  And business needs dictated that an aircraft that has little demand be given lower priority for an aircraft that has a MUCH higher demand.  PMDG is indeed a business and has people to pay and mouths to feed.  One user voicing that they are not going to buy a single, less popular product is not significant compared to the greater number of users willing to pay for a much more popular aircraft.  It's not like PMDG just said to themselves, "Hey, we like this aircraft better than that one, so we'll build this one."  They took into consideration business and demand.  It's about on the same level as a phone company dropping a flip phone design to focus on the smart phone that everyone wants, even though a select few folks want the flip phone instead (You gotta love nostalgia junkies LOL).

Personally, I love the JS, and will buy her when she gets released.  But on that same note, i was actually surprised that the JS even came to being in the first place when there are a LOT of aircraft that are far more popular and in much wider use that have not been developed yet for P3D.  So even as an individual who enjoyed this product way back in the (very) old FSX days, I wouldn't blame PMDG if they retired the idea entirely and started focusing on products that actually have a demand worth developing for.

Frankly I'd absolutely love to see what PMDG could do with a CRJ :)

Edited by Faelandaea Dravin
Spelling corrections.
  • Upvote 1

Bet the fps performance is bad compared to the Dash 8.

Being deliberately provocative here: will PMDG (and other developers) be switching to the external engine used by Majestic ?

If not, why not ? Does the licensing cut into their profits too much ?

You do know that the Dash 8 has fps performance comparable to default Carenado aircraft that ships with P3D ?

Majestic have brought simming out of the dark ages, I really hope you all follow suit.

"That's all I have to say about that......"

Edited by Gabe777

7 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Majestic have brought simming out of the dark ages, I really hope you all follow suit.

"That's all I have to say about that......"

+1   ... and actually , I think this is so important that there should be a Dedicated thread to this subject,,,

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I love PMDG's J41 product; I've done much to champion it over the years as the turboprop and the feederliner addon to just about anyone that would listen! I'm okay it's a minimum cost port but it breaks my heart that it seems in danger of being forgotten about again, it's such a shame for a still revolutionary product.

On 08/03/2018 at 12:57 PM, Olympic260 said:

It has been already mentioned that this project has been sidetracked due to the 747-8 and some other projects currently taken higher place

I hope you can understand user frustrations though, PMDG said "landing on your desktop in short order" and other similar language up to 6 months ago. Indeed, it was one of the driving factors behind my decision to move to P3Dv4. We we're also originally told it would be P3D compatible "during 1Q15 and/or early 2Q15" so this isn't the first time the J41 has been tossed aside.

It would be professional of PMDG to acknowledge this, apologise for delays and/or misinformation (even if it was unintentional or unforeseen) and advise us what the path going forwards is likely to be.

To be frank, we feel like second rate customers. Much information has either come from original research that PMDG representatives then confirmed afterwards or had to be dragged out and is thus scattered around the forums.

Edited by ckyliu
corrected quotation
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg