Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

For those that haven't seen, there was some "unofficial" insight from downssc who said they had problems getting the geared turboprop engine simulation to work in P3Dv4

On 10/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, downscc said:

It was close, until it wasn't.  PMDG has said they were willing to try to revise the FSX JS4100 for P3D only if it required minimal resources.  I presume just based on that that their market analysis didn't expect major sales of this product so they had to keep their development costs down.

We beta tested a number of builds but the testing had gone weeks longer than planned and there are still problems with stuff like getting the default dual shaft turbo engine (basically a PT-6) to behave like a single shaft gear driven Garrett. In my opinion what happened is that the window opened to try to get it done and it couldn't get done within that time window.  As far as I'm aware there is still a development effort planned but it might be unscheduled waiting for a window of opportunity to open up.

At least that is my hope.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/543075-pmdg-baej4100/?tab=comments#comment-3907070

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=114 so it's got a product page listing the standard $5m placeholder... I wonder if PMDG has seen the response to the QW146 P3D release and it's spurred them on a bit...?

It's been that way for over a year, so...no...not spurred on by events that happened after that page went up.

Kyle Rodgers

Whoops, wishful thinking on my part.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Sorry, I meant on the PMDG Control Panel, a friend only noticed it after a recent update. I just presumed the control panel mirrored the website.

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

Right now, all development priority is on the NG3, 747 and Global Flight Operations- but the 777 is going to get a few updates... PMDG BAe JS4100 Updates:
We are not currently planning any development time on this product due to severe problems we ran into while trying to upgrade it to become compatible with Prepar3D. There WILL come a time when we circle back for it, but it is unlikely to happen in the near term.

- Robert S. Randazzo  12Apr2019, 22:30 "[12APR19] A weekend Two-fer, P3D v4.5 update thoughts and 73s and 4s and 7s, oh MY!"

😞

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

Some news after 6 months! One of PMDG's testers posted a few screenshots of the J41's exterior in P3Dv4 (you'll need to be logged in to see the images but they don't reveal much) at https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-js41/3937-hope-this-bird-comes-to-p3dv4-4-with-pbr-also-testing-to-see-if-i-got-the-button-thing-working?p=19301#post19301 where it was described as "still a WIP" and we were advised to "hang on in there" so it still sounds a way off but at least it's not completely dead.

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

Indeed Kyle, but I am sure you can appreciate given how many years (4+ at time of writing) the J41 P3D port has been going on for and how little substantive information has been forthcoming during those years, that folks clamour for any tidbit of info.

I see since the post I linked to it has been clarified that no additional works or development have been done or are indeed scheduled. So the last time we really saw or heard of anything new on the J41 was on PMDG Facebook in September 2017 when we saw her in P3Dv4 with the GNS-XLS stripped out, and then Robert's update a few months ago that it was on indefinite hold 😪

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg