Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

QualityWings releases 787....promotional video

Hmm..I'm done spending any more money on decrepit FSuX...so I guess I wait for the p4d port and inevitable unjust higher price.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Fully functioning EFB  tablet with charts and moving maps included. That is a pretty generous package.   And the HUD/HGS is icing on the cake. 

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

4 hours ago, warbirds said:

Another developer building for FSX first, too bad. 

I understand, and as a P3DV4 user I certainly agree!  But there is more behind the scenes on this.

The aircraft was in development before P3D came out, and I believe that instead of switching oars in midstream the Quality Wings made the decision to proceed with the FSX version as the dust settled around P3D, this way the aircraft gets completed and once that is done they can start work on the FSX version.  The alternative would have been more costly for them (which would translate to higher costs for us) and more importantly greater delays in both the FSX and P3D version. This is even more important given the new ground that Quality Wings broke with this product.  Yet another decision block here is if they had the right people to work simultaneous development.

he potential problems and delays that would come from shifting oars might have easily caused issues that we've seen from other products were the developer went the other way.

In the end, the only people who know it finishing a product for one platform instead of simultaneous development is Quality Wings, and for me I'll trust their judgement as only they know all the variables.

Insofar as the argument that we hear so often... "that FSX is a dead sim" I can say for sure that it is anything but.  I perform a great deal of technical support for FSX and P3D, and well over half the user base I deal with (airliners) are still using FSX.  I'd wager this number might even be higher where GA aircraft are concerned.  And why not?  If one isn't have VAS or performance issues, the steam version of FSX is tremendous when compared to the disk version. Plus there are still products that aren't compatible with P3D.  Anyway, just saying that FSX isn't far from being a dead platform.

My very best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Fake video, fake news. It will never be released and this sadic game must end sooner rather than later.

guys, pls wake up !

54 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Hmm..I'm done spending any more money on decrepit FSuX...so I guess I wait for the p4d port and inevitable unjust higher price.

Incorrect assumption. The P3Dv4 version will be the same price as the FSX version. 

• Upvote 4

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

10 minutes ago, Kyle Schurb said:

Incorrect assumption. The P3Dv4 version will be the same price as the FSX version. 

If so then that is awesome and I await the p3dv4 version,  brother Kyle.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Thats ironic as you refer to yourself as a "PMDG cultist". Dont they price hike on P3D? 

The fact is, the price will be the same. 

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

PMDG started the price hiking! And most customers probably had purchased the FSX versions of PMDG products to just end up buying them again. I love PMDG products but pricing and double dipping at over bloated prices is greedy to say the least. Especially if you had purchased FSX variants. Its nice to see some developers still don't follow that nasty trend.

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Guys - Does anyone know the song in the video?  I am still trying to find that

LOL and we have to congratulate QW for this.  I know they have put many years of work on this release.

:biggrin:

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

29 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Guys - Does anyone know the song in the video?  I am still trying to find that

LOL and we have to congratulate QW for this.  I know they have put many years of work on this release.

:biggrin:

Cookie Monster. Don't you mean "Me trying to find that! 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I wonder how long it will take to release the P3Dv4 product.

I see all of these announcements and get excited, then  think "Oh, but it's for FSX...darn"

I'm sure there is a good reason, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone is still using a 32bit outdated simulator. But, to each their own. 

I'll be watching for the P3Dv4 product.  It is looking beautiful.

• Upvote 2

Been interested in it for a long time and figured it was gonna be good, but like many, don't care about an FSX version, will only buy it for P3D. I understand why it is FSX first of course, but I still think they are shooting themselves up the word not allowed doing that.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

if they offer a compelling fsx to p3dv4 upgrade path (unlike what i had to do for a certain 744), i'm get the fsx version first.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

For this I would put FSX back on my system; just means I need to find my DVD player to install FSX; the 787 will be awesome and long-awaited!!

• Upvote 1

Simon