Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

QualityWings releases 787....promotional video

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

2 words...vital concepts...

64 bit.

If that's all it takes to be "the future" then why are people still on the fence? Because of choice.

You may have already decided what the future is for you, but for many, Xp11 is their idea of the future and FSW is a hopeful platform as well, based on how it looks after completion. P3d isn't the "only" future because it isn't futuristic for many who expect more. It's just 64 bit v3. Which is just like v2.5, which looks like FSX with ground shadows. 

• Upvote 4

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Many developers have decided to stop creating and supporting add-on's for FSX, so either people move away from FSX to something else or they will find themselves alone with no new airports, sceneries, tools, and support in the future.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

FS2002 didn't have sloped runways and P3DV4 doesn't

Can you really call V4 the future?

Back on topic:

The P3D version will come but they started on the FSX version before anyone knew about P3D so how about show some respect to FSX because without FSX QW wouldn't be making a 787 for P3D and if they did it would be years away from today.

Why is it always V4 users who hijack threads and complain about FSX?

How about talk about the QW product which looks good.

• Upvote 1

Back on topic, I like the looks of the VC cockpit. I also like the implementation of the EFB, not perfect as per the manual but a good start.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Sloped runways so that your planes jump up and down on takeoff like in the „future of simming“ XP? Oh please not.

I am looking forward to the P3D version of the 787.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, YukonPete said:

You could always get the FSX version to try out and then remove it and request a refund if you don't like it.  Flight1 has a 30 day refund policy

Wont be an issue as I know I will like it!  FSX--what a pain in the word not allowed to use that again, but will be worth it to learn and use the 787 :biggrin:

Simon

2 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

Why is it always V4 users who hijack threads and complain about FSX?

Maybe you haven't noticed it but this is the Prepar3d forum.

People are entitled to their own opinions, users on this forum and topic are just wishing this beautiful plane was ready for V4 first as it is the platform they are using.

So totally reasonable comments in my opinion.

Personally I will wait until they release the Prepar3d v4 version as I don't wish to trash my fly sim experience with an OOM in the middle of a landing approach after hours of flying, nothing worse to spoils anybody experience than paying a lot of money for any add-on's to then be unable to enjoy it properly due to CTD.

All the best,

Simbol 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, simbol said:

I don't wish to trash my fly sim experience with an OOM in the middle of a landing approach after hours of flying, nothing worse to spoils anybody experience than paying a lot of money for any add-on's to then be unable to enjoy it properly due to CTD.

Yep.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Why is it that threads about QW products seem to go off the rails? I think they are a great developer. All of their products deliver what they promise to deliver. Their 757 was one of my favorite ac in FSX for meany years. I'd still fly it if it worked in V4.

I'm really looking forward to the V4 version. I still have FSX installed, so if I don't have to purchase the V4 version separately, I'll buy the FSX version the day it is released. If I have to pay extra for the V4 version or the policy is not clear when the FSX version is released, I'll wait.

I do think it may be best to hold off on the FSX version regardless of the policy, because it may create a sense of urgency on the V4 version. Nonetheless, if they were smart, they would say that anyone who purchases the FSX version will get a XX% discount on the V4 version. That would provide an incentive for people to buy the FSX version. If they were smarter, they would limit the time for the coupon to 30 days after the release of the V4 version.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Looks like it's going to have it all...full EFB, sick animations, wing flex...and yeah and an octagon for fighting!!! So its Danny Trejo approved!!!

• Upvote 1

RE Thomason Jr.

I have NO problem waiting for the P3D V4 version, it's not like I currently have nothing to do with 4 flight sim platforms and I can't even keep up with the quantity of new releases and updates for P3D V4 ... let alone releases for XP11 (not as frequent, but the pace is picking up) ... and next week v4.1 release along with new/updates products ready to roll for v4.1.

I'll petition Jim for a "My platform is better than your platform" forum here on AVSIM -- it'll probably generate a ton of traffic.  Maybe if everyone just gets their agro out in that forum, they'll get back to flying their favorite platform and buying products (which is what the developers of your favorite platform would probably prefer)?

Cheers, Rob.

Guys please let stay on topic about this very cool aircraft addon.

I have a feeling that lot of the airport navigraph chart programming is outside the sim (hence saving FSX vas).  And the land near the airport feature is something I want.  Will make my long flights much shorter.

Rob do you want me to assist on the moderation of the forums - lately many good threads dissipate into some pi$$$$$$ contest.  

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

22 hours ago, charliewards said:

Gunshot Love by TIFA x Remee 

Thank You very much.

16 hours ago, BlueFinn said:

Its called "TIFA - From The Inside"

Thanks again.

This QW 787 promo video had the perfect soundtrack.  Whoever made it, did an excellent job.

• Upvote 1

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Is it just me, or does it appear that at least some of that video is filmed using P3D anyway? If so, surely the P3D version isn't far off.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Is it just me, or does it appear that at least some of that video is filmed using P3D anyway? If so, surely the P3D version isn't far off.

P3D version is coming in due time.  It is even listed on Flight1 page (coming soon).