Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

QualityWings releases 787....promotional video

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Has anyone here tried the plane out yet? Would love to see reviews or videos of it on youtube!

A thread about first impressions was created in the FSx sub-forum. It only have the opening post so far.

N

• Upvote 1

Come on QW let's get this out quickly for the future of flightsimming - P3dv4 and 64 bit. Everything else is just tradition and obligation (yes I know they've been working a long time on the FSX version). 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, aamontoy said:

its a proper assumption...you do the math...6yrs for a fsx release...32bit one...im guessing all those .DLL's have to be changed...just saying...it will just refresh the FSX p3d v3 users who were expecting this for a long time...after all the planes are v4 compliant...then probably everyone will jump...this just reinforces my theory that it was a sound decision to keep p3dv3 a little longer...

You are aware what 32 bit vs 64 means in software development?

This is not rocket science mate. 

Just had to jump in about the "FSX is dead" commentary...I still fly FSX:SE because I have too much money sunk into it to upgrade to P3D for a while yet (I'm here on the P3D forum because I monitor it for news). There are many people like myself who still fly FSX solely for money reasons. It would cost way too much to upgrade both my sim and all my add-ons to make it worth it. FSX still does fine for the moment.

• Upvote 2

Once you go P3D you will never look back :-)

in the meanwhile enjoy the 787 :-)

Stream look good. 

Q Do the screens have a pop up options?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

23 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Q Do the screens have a pop up options?

Yep, you click the light sensor on the bottom bezel of the display

David Porrett

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

You are aware what 32 bit vs 64 means in software development?

This is not rocket science mate. 

But there would be more than just converting to 64bit. Since they are only working for P3D V4 not v3 gives me the impression they may want to avail the technology available in v4 such dynamic lighting, VC shadows although that was also available in v3), etc

And lets not forget they might also be interested in supporting dx11/12 ?

I have a feeling we might see p3d version in 2018 (I hope not)

Bilal Asif Khan

9 hours ago, Skywolf said:

P3D version will be released probably after p3d 4.1.  Just wait like 8 days, come on everyone - it is coming

I really hope you are right, but they haven't given any hint as far as I know of how far they are in the P3D production. I'm afraid the lack of news apart from 'it will come later' means they haven't started working at it yet. I hope I'm totally wrong, and they already beta testing it, but I don't think so. We would have seen some screenshots I suppose.

I hope QW will not let the so many 'ready to buy' users of the most popular and up to date platform without any timeframe the next days. I feel their release today without any hint for the P3D state, left a bitter taste to the non-FSX user. And this is of course a positive reaction coming from the great anticipation. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

8 hours ago, swiesma said:

Once you go P3D you will never look back :-)

in the meanwhile enjoy the 787 :-)

Unless you are looking back at the 787. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Be P3d mates for 7-8 years of infinite quantities of betas......

Yup, it they said something like you will be able to get the P3D version for 25 quid if you buy the FSX one, then I reckon that might tempt people to go for it, but if it is 60 quid for each sim version, then that's a different story.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

FSX sold milions of copies, true, but nowdays the average FSX user is a young guy which want to try flight simulation via colored and funny GA planes and sounding it with mouth like bruuuum, talatalat, fffrrrrrrrrrrr, schhhhhhhh, kapow !

The user which like to simulates jets has moved to P3d since some years therefore the 787 target customer is not the young guy fiddling in 2017 with FSX GA colored planes but the average aged man which like to simulate jets piloting via pro procedures etc..

Told that, I am under the impression we will have to wait several years more for the P3d version, at least 3-4 years in which QW will keep on doing what it did in the last 10 years, therefore speaking about how a product can go trough 1874 beta versions and missing deadlines.

True in that a 64-bit P3D version of this is a ways off IMHO.  Maybe mid 2018.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png