Sign in to follow this  
Guest JetFueler

Does V2 still have LinkGPS capability?

Guest JetFueler

As the title states, I'm curious if the ability to link the GPS to the default GPS is still present with version 2.  One of my favorite features of the RXP GNS was the ability to use the LinkGPS= entry to have the GNS output to the default flight planner.  This would result in the RXP GNS flight plan being displayed on EHSI or EFIS instruments that used the default GPS/Flightplanner such as the EHSI in the Carenado King Air/B1900D.  It also allowed one to use a GNS pop-up to control the numerous instances of G1000s that used the default GPS as their base.

I looked all over but I couldn't find it documented anywhere in feature lists or otherwise.

Hi, it is an important feature not only for EFIS display, but also for automatically updating the Fltsim ATC system with the GNS route, without the need to re-enter the route manually in the default GPS.

This is why this feature will come back in the next GNS V2 update, and of course, will be included from the get go in our upcoming GTN!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Wow! Backup .cfg files are GREAT! I totally missed on this issue and was able to reclaim this feature, reverting to legacy RXP in three of my seven active aircraft.............

Approx how far off do you feel the next update is?  And will it include choice of, or legacy interface?  I am 5X faster with legacy.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

We're trying to give attention to all details, this includes making backup of files for you, just in case, because you might want to just revert the changes back and try again!

As for the next update, there is no specific ETA but it is coming up nicely so far, so this shouldn't be long now (few days).

Can you explain a little more your other question (about choice / 5x faster)?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

3 hours ago, RXP said:

Can you explain a little more your other question (about choice / 5x faster)?

I am just way more proficient at using the dials in the legacy RXP units. Both for making menu selections, especially when starting, entering, or selecting stored flight plans. For instance, I am not yet able to quickly get to the stored flight plans page to select a stored flight plan. There are four (4) locations involved for tuning the primary knob and I and still in trial-and-error frustration.  Yes, a big reason is my familiarity with the legacy units. Old habits die hard. But why change? Sorry to say, but I find the new interface cumbersome.  When I restored the legacy units to my Carenado C210 and A136 Bonanza models today I went into the stored flight plans to edit a couple of plans for upcoming flights and found I was able to do in about 30 seconds what it was taking me about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes to accomplish in V2.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

37 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Old habits die hard. But why change?

I hear you! Amazingly, you have no idea the amount of support for first time customers with the legacy GNS, asking why is the knob turning CCW when clicking to the right of the knob!

When we've been first introducing the concept of left/right/middle for knobs back 13 years ago, it was so brand new few got used to it. I'm glad to read our invention has had a more profound change to our older customers!

Thank you for your feedback, legacy knobs are coming to a GNS near you in a few days!

Just FYI but I always use the mouse wheel so legacy or v2 it’s about the same to me. Only the highlighted knob or the semicircle indicators are different for me. 

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11