Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

ORBX Germany South discount on the north

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY - Purchase Germany South now and if you do not already own Germany North, you can purchase Germany North for 50% off. This offer is available from now until Sunday the 8th of October 2017 at 20:00 UTC. Please note that you will need to finalise your Germany South purchase prior to purchasing Germany North to receive the discount.

• Upvote 1

Someones happy is marketing law

But the owners of North stay with a bad feeling. i'm in the bad group 🤔

• Upvote 2

+1.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

2 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

Yes, North owners should get a discount buying South...

Agreed

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I got both and it's about $43.02 for the South and $21.18 for the North at 50%. It is strange the North owners are not getting a discount for the South.  Perhaps that's in the offing.  I was going to buy the North when it was first released but happy I waited until the South was released.  I had a feeling....

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I always got everything else at their sales, now with GES being my hometurf I decided not to wait and purchased at full price. At this level of quality I do not feel bad at all.

Cheers
Frank

I buy the south... Yes the value of money is there in the high quality level of this orbx scenery.

Just that in the future, I shall waiting the second part of a land before acquiring... So I shall receive the "prime of no help to the developement" 😉

Rather than self-inflicting their busiest trading times to the occasional sales campaigns, I can't understand why Orbx doesn't consider a volume discount tariff, based on the number of previously purchased add-ons, perhaps with discount rewards on future purchases as one reaches 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% levels?

This would then prevent the understandable bad feeling among those who have previously purchased Germany North not getting any discount for purchasing Germany South.

Orbx unquestionably now has the store technology to do this and it should also lead to less need for those aggressively discounted sales and actually provide customers with an incentive to steadily work toward reaching the next discount level.

I also think they need to look at their legacy add-on pricing levels. Australia, for example, which is simply not at the same level as more recent regions/airports.

I'd post this at the Orbx forum, but JV's response is a bit unpredictable and I'm sure they read Avsim.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

Yes, North owners should get a discount buying South...

Absolutely! Quite a turn-off otherwise.

4 hours ago, ms2 said:

Just that in the future, I shall waiting the second part of a land before acquiring... So I shall receive the "prime of no help to the developement" 😉

Yep, that appears to be the message that ORBX convenes with this discount. Strange ...

Peter