Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

ORBX Germany South discount on the north

I should get a discount for the download size. On my internet that will take about 10 hours.

David Porrett

Clearly the thinking behind the discount is that many more people are interested in Germany South than North, so you encourage people that otherwise wouldn't have any interest in North to buy it. That seems like fairly sound business thinking, to be honest. Southern Germany has some breathtaking scenery -- mountains, forests, fairytale castles. Northern Germany? Well, it's mostly (I know, not entirely) a big flat plain, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong. As a customer, I'd love to see even more discounts and sales! But it's fairly clear why this discount only runs in one direction...similar to the discount they had for purchasers of the Ireland scenery to buy the Northern Ireland one. Clear that there were a lot more people buying one than the other.

James

• Upvote 2

I just buy my Orbx products when they have the big sales. They usually have 2 or 3 a year.  IMO they are not worth the full asking price.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I'm not quite sure why owners of Germany North are expecting a discount.  Orbx certainly did not give a discount to Southern CA for owners of Northern CA.

• Upvote 1

Guys - you guys are being fair to Orbx here.

As Greggy_D says to - "Orbx did not give discount on SoCal for NorCal buyers".  Agree with you Sir (See his post above) 

And I bought both of them at full price.  The amount of work done is amazing.  If people complain needlessly, think on how the developer feels when he reads these forums (and believe me they are members of avsim also).

This deal is just to entice new flight sim hobbyists people holding of buying the full Germany, or maybe it is their first time in flightsim world as it is better to the full country now that 64bit sim is here.  I already see developers getting their German airports ready to be used on top of FTX Germany.  Exciting time in Flightsim world in all areas.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

7 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I'm not quite sure why owners of Germany North are expecting a discount. 

You are right but is difficult to unterstand the counterparty... why loyalety don't paid.

I have the knowledge (l'm european) that North G. is less beautifull that South G.... But to help the invest of Australian orbx team for Europe, I acquired all their scenery of this zone... just when published.

A part in sceneries that is very less in simworld is Belgium... I hope this is the following step for orbx with the construction from north to southwest of european's countries.

France vfr negliged this land ;-) and frenchspeaking belgians are a little worry about ;-)

I wonder if anyone is complaining, who also bought the other Germany scenery, when it was on sale 44% off not that long ago?! ;)

I would be fine if Orbx gave a discount to people who already paid FULL price for Germany South.  That would be nice of them, I guess.  But, they are already giving amazing sales 2-3 times a year on their products.  I mean, how much nicer can they be!

I like to support a great company like Orbx, so I don't mind paying a bit more now and again.

Bruce Wood