Sign in to follow this  
asanal

A/P disconnects

During the decent A/P disconnects with out any reason. This is happening  during  flights with 777.

Today's flight from KEWR to KDEN  was perfect ,but when started to decent from FL380,  at  FL340  A/P disconnected  the plane sharply begin to dive. I recovered. At FL270 again disconnected and dive the plane and I recovered. Final one when I reached to FL150  same problem, A/P disconnected and nose dive to 9000 Ft I recovered again and landed with out any  problem.

What should I check, to identity "Why" it is happening.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hi,

I would think that the nose dive is indirectly the cause of the AP disconnect and not the consequence.

Actually you should check if you don't have a button or an axis set to the pitch trim or to the elevator that would command a nose down attitude which would disconnect the AP.

The fact it happen repeatedly and during the descent may help orientating the search towards something you press or move during the descent.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Romain, thanks for your response. I will check them,

Ahmet Sanal

Also make sure that there are no third axes set to your flight control axes like for example an x box controller.. fsx/p3d uses to assign axes on its own as soon as available. Also: any axes that may be available on your mouse... 

Marc,

"third axes set to your flight control axes like for example an x box controller."

I have P3Dv4.

I opened  Option>Control" screen I cannot find "flight Control" axes. I dont find any axes assigned to "Mouse Yoke" or Mouse Look" sections,

• Upvote 1

Ahmet Sanal

With the Controls UI open, you will find axis button to the lower left.  I'm not sure of your question.  Are you looking for your controller assignments?  What kind of controllers do you use?

Dan Downs KCRP

Occasionally, the plane "takes a dive" on my system, too, without any autopilot action or any input at all, besides initializing the descent in VNAV. 8000ft/min + descent rate. Recovery by disconneting the A/P or switching to Vertical Speed mode.

• Upvote 1

Strange, I never experienced that in hundreds of hours of flight.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Dan, I checked all Axis. Settings are correct. There are no conflicts.

Lars thanks for your post.  That is the same incident  is happening to me.

Romain, tonight I made  two test fights with out any  A/P disconnect problems. I don't know what to say any more. I will continue make test flights. Will inform.

Ahmet Sanal

Guys, just a stap in the dark, but do you have Kaspersky running? I‘m asking as in times of FS9 I remember I had several controller issues with my saitek rudders and microsoft joystick I used at that time. The problems where resolved when I uninstalled the Kaspersky anti virus software.. it seemed that it checked and corrupted the rudder inputs. 

Also please make sure that your mobile phones dont lie just next to your controllers/wires. This sounds a lot like something was scrambling your inputs...

Dan, I checked all Axis. Settings are correct. There are no conflicts.

Lars thanks for your post.  That is the same incident  is happening to me.

Romain, tonight I made  two test fights with out any  A/P disconnect problems. I don't know what to say any more. I will continue make test flights. Will inform.

Ahmet Sanal

Marc, I don't have Kaspersky. Good advsie, I will not put mobile phone near my PC.

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

May be it helps. I will uninstall 777. Clear all files and reinstall it. 

Ahmet Sanal

2 hours ago, asanal said:

May be it helps. I will uninstall 777. Clear all files and reinstall it. 

Never do this unless PMDG support recommends it. You are more likely to introduce new problems than fix old.  You never provided information on type of weather you are using.

Lars, your problem is not the same.  The OP problem is that his A/P disconnects then aircraft makes uncommanded pitch changes. Your problem is that the aircraft has an uncommanded pitch change with A/P connected, if I understand you. This is a different problem.  For the OP it is a simple task of finding what is causing the unintentional control input or weather disturbance.  Not sure how to troubleshoot your problem.  More likely due to something like AV software, mobo battery, etc. Much more tricky to isolate.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Lars, your problem is not the same.  The OP problem is that his A/P disconnects then aircraft makes uncommanded pitch changes. Your problem is that the aircraft has an uncommanded pitch change with A/P connected, if I understand you. This is a different problem.  For the OP it is a simple task of finding what is causing the unintentional control input or weather disturbance.  Not sure how to troubleshoot your problem.  More likely due to something like AV software, mobo battery, etc. Much more tricky to isolate.

It is a different problem. However, the outcome was the same, a dive. Thank god the issue is quite rare in my case. I have told Norton to go to silent mode whenever Prepar3D is launched, I'm not entirely sure if he does that, though.