Sign in to follow this  
asanal

A/P disconnects

Dan,

"you never provided information on type of weather you are using"

Active Sky P3Dv4" Weather was perfect and clear.

Unfortunately I already uninstall and reinstalled 777

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

20 minutes ago, asanal said:

Unfortunately I already uninstall and reinstalled 777

How did that work out?

Try reducing the sliders in AS16 for turbulence, shear, etc., to 25%... none should be at 100%.

Dan Downs KCRP

Installation was successful. I will make a test flight tomorrow. KEWR-KDEN will follow the same route of A/P disconnect problem.

I have only have Active Sky Engine.Weather provided by REX.

Ahmet Sanal

18 hours ago, asanal said:

Installation was successful. I will make a test flight tomorrow. KEWR-KDEN will follow the same route of A/P disconnect problem.

I have only have Active Sky Engine.Weather provided by REX.

That makes no sense, Active sky provides the weather, REX is only eyecandy and has no bearing on winds that I am aware of.  Make sure none of those sliders for winds are at 100%.

Dan Downs KCRP

REX provides  clouds settings and Active Sky Engine  receives  Real weather data/winds and develops weather for P3D. 

Ahmet Sanal

1 hour ago, asanal said:

REX provides  clouds settings and Active Sky Engine  receives  Real weather data/winds and develops weather for P3D. 

Almost agree with that.  Active Sky is the weather engine and it generates wind, temperature and pressure as well as visibility and cloud types and coverage.  REX provides cloud textures, and this is what I was calling eyecandy because cloud textures will not upset the A/P and cause disconnects and upsets.  Winds will.

Dan Downs KCRP

Unfortunately, my test flight KEWR-KDEN failed.

1-After I uninstall and reinstall 777-200 and calibrated all controls, no weather effects 777 take off from KEWR. At  2000 Ft  I connected A/P . Before reach at 6000 Ft A/P no reason   disconnected.

2-I reengaged the A/P but at 5000 ft again A/P disconnected.

3-Climbing FL380 at FL290 A/P diconnected

4- 224 Nm to Denver A/P again disconnected VS reached -4200. I connected  A/P and climb  back  to FL380.

10 second later 777 A/P disconnected and dived VS-4500 ft.

I terminated flight. I am totally lost I never see this kind strange problem with 777-200. 

I wish I can find if I am causing this events or 777.

8LnanZ.jpg

Ahmet Sanal

9 minutes ago, asanal said:

Unfortunately, my test flight KEWR-KDEN failed.

1-After I uninstall and reinstall 777-200 and calibrated all controls, no weather effects 777 take off from KEWR. At  2000 Ft  I connected A/P . Before reach at 6000 Ft A/P no reason   disconnected.

2-I reengaged the A/P but at 5000 ft again A/P disconnected.

3-Climbing FL380 at FL290 A/P diconnected

4- 224 Nm to Denver A/P again disconnected VS reached -4200. I connected  A/P and climb  back  to FL380.

10 second later 777 A/P disconnected and dived VS-4500 ft.

I terminated flight. I am totally lost I never see this kind strange problem with 777-200. 

I wish I can find if I am causing this events or 777.

I'm sorry to hear this, but I'm sure you're going to find the solution. Have you checked your Hardware control settings under Options -> Controls? Search for anything related to the autopilot, if there's anything mapped to your hardware controls. Also, go to the key commands section via the CDU and check which commands are mapped to A/P disconnect.

Lars,

Thanks for your response..

"Also, go to the key commands section via the CDU and check which commands are mapped to A/P "

How shall I do via the CDU?

Ahmet Sanal

1 hour ago, asanal said:

"Also, go to the key commands section via the CDU and check which commands are mapped to A/P "

How shall I do via the CDU?

Go to any of the three CDUs and select "PMDG Options", then (out of my head) "Options" and "Key Commands".

Since you report not doing anything for the A/P to disconnect, my idea was that you might have a certain key command mapped to an axis of your hardware controls.

Could also be some faulty hardware.. the z button of the keyboard, any assigned ap disc button on the yoke/joystick could be hurt... 

could be some electrical interference like a mobile phone next to the wires or controllers, could be a plugged in x box controller that was automatically assigend to the axes... 

Multiple socket next to your controller wires...

check all that stuff you wouldn‘t expect to fail... 

i doubt it‘s the program.

go to your FSX/P3d controller calibration and monitor it 10-15 minutes for peaks... 

Good idea, could always be a worn potentiometer in the controller which momentarily opens circuit which swings the stick all the way one way for a spike. Depends on the hardware.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I am going to check each  items. Will inform

1-I am wondering if there is a problem with some hardware or controller,causing a spike. Will it not be influence to other airplanes (747,737, DC-6 and others. THey are all OK)

2-What kind problem  can effect only to 777?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

The 777 is the only one with FBW implementation, and there are other differences as well.

Please look in the Introduction document (you should have read it by now) page 90 specifically at the REALISTIC AP ENGAGEMENT option.

You never responded to my recommendation to check AS16 wind settings.  See also Introduction pg 92 AP/AT TURB MODE TRIGGER option.  There are also a couple of null zone settings there.  When you asked how should I .... via CDU I got the feeling you haven't reviewed the Introduction and probably haven't flown the Tutorial.  It's pretty important.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, That is time first time I opened AS wind settings. They are all default settings. I will read Pg92 and will check zone settings.

Majority of my 777 with good weather and no turbulence. Today only I encounter with heavy turbulence over KORD  and A/P disconnected. That was the turbulence  effect.  Rest of my all disconnected flights happened  during beautiful weather and no turbulence.  777 P3D V4 I didnt read yet, but I will read it.

Thanks for the info

Ahmet Sanal