Sign in to follow this  
trainut123

warthog throttle probs

just sorting out my settings in pd3v4 I got yesterday. got most of settings down handpat, but having difficulty with throttle . in settings you have a number of options,  decrease increase full etc etc can anyone give me a clue how I get it set up      dave 

Under the options there will be a tab that says Axis assignments, under that find throttle, double click it and move your throttles! That should assign it, hope that helps!

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Ditto.  You can also assign the slider on your Warthog to speedbrakes.  If you also fly props you can keep several control assignments and load one for prop where the slider is prop pitch.  Use FSUIPC to convert the switches to key commands and then you can assign the flap switch.  I also have four fuel control swithes, APU start/stop, arm speedbrakes, parking brakes, chocks, APP mode and flaps full up/full down, MCP speed incre/decre, TOGA, A/T disconnect all assigned on just the Warthog throttle.  I love it.

Dan Downs KCRP

nick thanks /     i have my plane on the runway go to options no axis there then i go to controls now which is it  dave    

On the left hand side in the options page I think second from the bottom option will say axis assignments. Once I'm home I'll take a screen

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

nick done it i was doing it wrong. you may be able  to give me a clue on this  my ftx as installed orbx global and orbx trees now,   i can see global in the list but no trees. do i have to activate them someway. i  did a flight today the scenary was   quite flat and poor , so i need to include some  not sure how still looking,   my frame rates were very high so i no its not there yet ,, fr average  164 normal on my fsx 40   dave

Sorry about that haven't been at my PC in a couple days, unfortunately I don't have the Orbx Trees, I'm not sure if you see them or not in the scenery library? If not, is your autogen vegetation up? I may be mistaken but I think they replace the texture files for the base trees which would mean the slider would still need to be used in order to see them. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

nick tried that all slides were on min. now i altered them a small amount, not a great deal  select my small plane all my controls are now fine thanks to you, yet now i have another issue on loading terrain data just before flight i cannot get above 6%, so i returned all sliders back to the left tried  again still 6% then black screen . my install was fine activate all checked out ok with prepar i have even lowered my overclock to 4.4 nothing seems to get me over the 6% i have also switched my vip on and off , any suggestions  ie should i re-install ???? would it help . my fsx and x plane still works fine      dave

Unfortunately some of this is definitely out of my scope, are you running it as admin? I'd say take a peak at event viewer if you can and see what errors pop up and post them in here. I may go grab the trees and see how they work (plus I wanted to add them to my collection prior haha). Before you load the game up, can you check your scenery library? Is there something it's trying to load for the first time? Eg; new scenery by chance or anything? Honestly a re-install would be best bet, it's a huge pain for sure unfortunately. However, 1 by 1 you can re-add addons and then test the game, let it build new scenery files, rinse and repeat for the rest of the scenery addons. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

ok nick got it sorted now spent a good bit of time with it ,  I added it to a  new hdd and it came good. trees from orbx  all good well worth the small cost.  all my other orbx stuff  added with ftx so easy now I am playing with settings so many, fps very good. I even lowered my cpu to 4.4 don't seem to make a lot of difference from the 4.7 I had it running at. I had 16gb of 3000 memory in have since changed it to 32gb@2666 I don't no why but seems very smooth at the lower rate.anyway thanksand get the trees looks real over uk. I bet something will crop up to upset my system so many settings to fiddle with LOL  all best dave

Hey no worries! Glad you got everything sorted out, happy flying!

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg