Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Anything New For v4?

Hi guys

Been out of the loop (again) for a few months.

Not looking for new addons. I can find those myself.

Just wondering if there's anything new in the way of adding them to v4?

Is the Lorbi-SI Addon Organiser still the way to go?

Edited by Dougal
spelling;-)
  • Upvote 1

There have certainly been a few releases here and there, but really seems to have slowed over the past few weeks.  I think we all have those items that are out on the horizon that we are individually waiting for, and for me, those items just don't seem to be coming anytime in the next few days/weeks.  I do wonder if the news (now public) of the P3D update to v4.1 has developers stalled out at the moment, or on the other side of the coin, that their products have been enhanced for 4.1 and they are obviously unable to release them at this time.  That is pure speculation and not empirically based on my end though.

Hi Phil,

Really nice to see you! Hope all is well and life is good for you.

Looks like lots of good things coming on the P3Dv4 horizon in the next few weeks.

Kindest regards,

The Lorby_Si Organizer is the only way to go IMHO especially since they will be updating P3D on 10 October.  When you uninstall the Client and Reinstall the new Client, all your addons will already be installed.  Just start up P3D.  I still use the P3D Scenery.cfg for UTX2 and Orbx but those are easy to add by enabling/disabling in the UTX utility and by opening FTX Central.  If not added, it should add the scenery to your new scenery.cfg.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks guys.  I'm a little surprised by the lack of movement for v4 addon updates.  Guess I was hoping that during my absence, there would've been a wealth of updated addons;-)  I've just finished a clean P3Dv4 installation, and redownloaded many addons, but i see they're still installing within the root folder in the old way.  Even the PMDG and Orbx FTX updates are not using the new XML method.

Me also been away since July. Just updated my PMDG, ORBX, Flightbeam and FSDT addons. 
It usually take me days to get things run smoothly.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

FSDT, Flytampa, and Flightbeam have all announced they are developing new products for V4 only... I can't wait to see the new features and sceneries they create with a 64-bit environment