Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Error Log File

Where is PMDG 777 Error Log file located in P3d V4 ?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

The first place to look is <p3d>\PMDG\PMDG 777X, there is a debug log there but I'm not sure it has what you are looking for.

Problem?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan Hi,

Lately I am experiencing problem with 777-200. A/P keep disconnecting  during the decent. I am trying to find what is causing these events, May be there is some logs  in PMDG Error file, but I cannot located it.

Ahmet Sanal

16 minutes ago, asanal said:

Dan Hi,

Lately I am experiencing problem with 777-200. A/P keep disconnecting  during the decent. I am trying to find what is causing these events, May be there is some logs  in PMDG Error file, but I cannot located it.

What is causing the A/P to disconnect would not (could not) be logged as an error.  Most common cause is a control input such as trim, pitch or roll.  Even bumping the yoke can cause this, I don't recall exact option for 777 but all PMDG aircraft have an option to make a spurious control input less likely to disconnect A/P.  Sometimes your simulator will automatically assign trim or pitch axis if the controller is unplugged resulting in duplicate control assignments.  Other causes could be weather related, for example unrealistic winds or gusts exceeding the realistic conditions that the A/P is designed for.

Dan Downs KCRP

This happening only with 777. 747 is ok.

Today's  flight from KEWR-KORD all was ok , until plane approaching Decent Point  (I was not checking PC) When I back to PC  I found 777 at the departure gate with out landings gears. Weather was no issue.

Ahmet Sanal

3 hours ago, asanal said:

This happening only with 777. 747 is ok.

Today's  flight from KEWR-KORD all was ok , until plane approaching Decent Point  (I was not checking PC) When I back to PC  I found 777 at the departure gate with out landings gears. Weather was no issue.

Ahmet, be assured that there is not a bug in the PMDG 777 that causes the A/P to trip.  It has to be something in your configuration. I say this not in defense of PMDG but in attempt to help you find your problem.  It helps when you are watching the problem happen.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am sure that is not Bug. I agree with you. It is possible some configuration problem. I will try to find it.

Thanks for your help.

Ahmet Sanal