Sign in to follow this  
FredrikBeast

PMDG 737NGX Paintkit

Hello,

I have one question regarding the nose gear door markings. I'm not able to find the layer where I can change the registration of the aircraft. Do I need to type it out myself with my own font? How do I know that I use the correct font?

EI4nqoC.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Hi Andreas, there is a painters forum in AVSIM where you will probably have a higher chance of a quick answer.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, downscc said:

Hi Andreas, there is a painters forum in AVSIM where you will probably have a higher chance of a quick answer.

Hi Dan. Didn't know that. Will delete this post and post it in "painting" section.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Sm0kill said:

Hi Dan. Didn't know that. Will delete this post and post it in "painting" section.

Thanks!

There isn't really a correct font.

Normally I either hand draw it using the pen tool, or rarely there is a font I have that matches it pretty closely..

But using the paintkit, don't expect things to be supplied to use for the individual paint your making, since they are all different..

• Once you paint more, you'll learn that you need to start making things yourself if you're aiming for the best realism..:smile:

12 hours ago, downscc said:

I think that ultimately depends on the question that's being asked. Since it appears the question was related to the PMDG 737 paint kit, in case he missed a layer in the paint kit, I'm not sure that anyone in the paint forum would be able to do much unless they happened to have the paint kit.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Select the font you wish to use then put the cursor over the door on the layer you are using for your livery. Dont forget the left and right door lettering is mirrored and needs to be edited accordingly.

7 hours ago, Goldstar Textures said:

There isn't really a correct font.

Normally I either hand draw it using the pen tool, or rarely there is a font I have that matches it pretty closely..

But using the paintkit, don't expect things to be supplied to use for the individual paint your making, since they are all different..

• Once you paint more, you'll learn that you need to start making things yourself if you're aiming for the best realism..:smile:

Thanks Alex! Think I found a font that was close enough. It's going to take a while before I reach Goldstar quality :P

6 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Select the font you wish to use then put the cursor over the door on the layer you are using for your livery. Dont forget the left and right door lettering is mirrored and needs to be edited accordingly.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I think that ultimately depends on the question that's being asked. Since it appears the question was related to the PMDG 737 paint kit, in case he missed a layer in the paint kit, I'm not sure that anyone in the paint forum would be able to do much unless they happened to have the paint kit.

Except that most painters are very familiar with PMDG models.  Just look at the liveries available in the library.

Dan Downs KCRP

15 hours ago, Sm0kill said:

Thanks Alex! Think I found a font that was close enough. It's going to take a while before I reach Goldstar quality :P

Thanks!

hahaha, Try your best..As long as you're happy with it, then that's all that matters