Sign in to follow this  
BEARlyThereCDN

UPDATE - BTE World Tour '17

So, I finally finished the World Tour.

• 207 capital cities
  • 180,164nm
  • 479hrs 21mins in the air

Whenever I get around to uploading all of the pictures I'll post a link here, so stay tuned!

36726080534_6571f16143_c.jpg

Cheers,

Barry

I enjoyed following your tour. I for one would really appreciate it if you could finish off the album. If I don't repeat your whole trip, then at least it gives some of us great short leg trips.

I fly a Learjet 45 in a home made cockpit so I should be able to complete the legs quicker.

Regards

Mark

Thank you Mark. To be honest, I forgot that I hadn't uploaded the rest of the pictures. I'm on a very limited connection right now but I'm hoping to be able to get this rectified soon. When I do I'll post the rest of the tour. 

Thanks for that. I'll keep checking back occasionally to see how you're going.

Nothing worse than having a slow internet holding us all back. I will definitely be in my grave once everything is instant. 

At the moment I have the most fun flying around Papua New guinea using ORBX Jackson Airport, EMO mission and ORBX Tapini. Well worth the fun of bush flying esp in a Learjet !

Another fun flight is Iceland and trying to land at Isafjordur airport BIIS.

Where are you based ? I'm in Victoria, Australia.

Regards

Mark

Hoping to have a new internet plan in a couple of months. Right now, speed isn't the problem. The internet is plenty fast but i'm limited on the amount of bandwidth I can use. If I had a cell phone plan I'd have more monthly allotment that I have right now.

I'm anxious to get the rest of the world tour posted as I have a couple of new tours I'll be starting soon. I have my DHC-2 Beaver down in Florida right now getting ready to follow the Blue Jays around for Spring Training and immediately following that I'll be taking the old warhorse up the Mississippi and after that I'll be taking it across Canada tracing the Trans-Canada Highway. There's a few addon airports and sceneries I want to download for those trips.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers and happy landings,

Barry

Barry

That is one thing about our hobby is that we have a choice of the whole world to fly. My co builder and I have just started out first tour together from YWSL (West Sale) in Victoria, Australia and finishing in Juneau, Alaska flying via Asia. We have already completed 3 legs. West Sale to Sydney. Sydney to Brisbane and thirdly Brisbane to Cairns via Hamilton Island. We are getting quite excited as you would've been flying to new destinations, making sure your fuel is sufficient for each leg, NAV aids, COM freq. Also after working out a Flight Plan then scouring the file libraries for any scenery or airports along the route. 

Basically Australia, PNG, Indonesia, Philippines, Japan, Russia and finally Alaska. How hard could that be ?

Any pointers if I have missed something then drop me a reply.

btw I was in Florida for real 2 years ago Jacksonville, Orlando, Cape Canaveral. I'm afraid that travelling around the world did not make Florida one of the highlights for flying. The flatness was a bit hard as a selling point, especially as I had just flown from Tucson which was quite interesting.  America has such a wonderfully diverse range of scenery. In the sim I like to do Bozeman-Jackson Hole-West yellowstone-Lake Tahoe. Too much choice.

When I introduce new people to my sim I like to start off with Skagway to Haines. Short but WOW factor as long as you have all the required ORBX installed. 

Mark

I'm not as familiar with Orbx as I should be although I'm thinking of making the change when my financial situation improves (hopefully soon). I purchased Ultimate Terrain 2 many years ago and was super happy to find it worked with FSX:SE. I had be away from FSX for a few years having been one of the unlucky people who could never get the boxed Gold Acceleration version to work on my Windows 7 machine.

As far as any pointers, the only advice I can give is the use of Little NavMap. I used it for ever single leg of the World Tour. It was especially useful whenever I was going to add any freeware scenery. I could look at my flight plan destination and see what the current scenery was and where and disable it if need be before installing the new airport. This feature in addition to the rest of the features of this tool made Tour so much easier and pleasurable. 

Happy landings and I can't wait to see some of your pictures and stories!

Cheers,

Barry

Thanks Barry. I check out Little NavMap and see what help it'll be.

We are finalizing our flight Plan (with flexibility). So looks like probably;

Cairns Darwin Bali Singapore Ho Chi Minh City Hanoi Hong Kong Taipei Shanghai Seoul Northern Japan ...... not sure after that........Juneau.

You are a good incentive for me to get on with the pictures as I am going along. I'm using P3D v4.1 so is looking pretty awesome. I have just spent the last day adding a lot of freeware to my mates FSX-SE. It still not a patch on P3D. He is retired so he doesn't want to spend any money yet so he doesn't have any ground texture software just Soft Clouds from Rex.

Thanks for your on going communication, we'll keep in touch.

Regards

Mark

• Upvote 1