Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Scenery Anomlies..

Some Orbx sceneries aren't working for me in P3Dv4.

1 – Yosemite.  The cliff of Half Dome looks like it has been scooped out and left with a big black scar.

2 – Devils Tower.  The base and the facilities and helipad are there, but the tower itself is missing.

3 – Monument Valley.  The airstrip is there and looks as it should with all the structures.  But the hoodoos (rock formations) that make Monument Valley Monument Valley are missing.

In each case I have uninstalled and reinstalled each scenery from FTX Scenery 3 but the missing part are still missing.

I do have Object Flow 2 installed through Fastlane.

One other problem at West Yellowstone (KWYS).  I have MyTraffic installed per AVSIM instructions and it works quite well except at KWYS.  When I approach the terminal I get a CTD.  I can use the runway alright but that's it.  If I set my GA traffic to 0 then it works OK and I can taxi to the terminal building.  If I can't find a solution to this than I'll have to just have to pretend KWYS is closed for some reason.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Hi, Noel.  As far as I know, Yosemite, Devils Tower and Monument Valley are not ready for P3Dv4, even through Fastlane.  I could be wrong, though.  My Traffic is a pita, so I don't use it.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks Stew.  Nice to hear from you.  How have you been?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

They are P3Dv4 ready Stew.  Sue (Pennzoil) said they work on her system.

I think I'll go back to FSX.  I never had the trouble with it I've had with the P3D versions.

I'm just not competent or savvy enough to figure it out.

Noel

Hi Noel,

Coming back to fsx is for me a bad idea, but flying some ones on fsx and others in p3dv4 is a beter idea... P3dv4 is in construction for us and developpers... God take 7 days to make the world... For our's world more simply we shall take a lot ;-)

if some buildings of parts disapearing,...orbx team is pro-activ... Just a question of weeks. Imagine a lot of work with the reconsidering of tons of addon's they propose in  simulators.

patient and ty again...

mark

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

They are P3Dv4 ready Stew.  Sue (Pennzoil) said they work on her system.

I think I'll go back to FSX.  I never had the trouble with it I've had with the P3D versions.

I'm just not competent or savvy enough to figure it out.

Noel

I think Sue may be participating in the new FTX Central beta testing, where those items are runnable.

I'm doing well, Noel.  Running FSX on one SSD and P3Dv4 on another, and waiting for all the Orbx airports to be made ready for P3Dv4.  In the meantime flying all over the US and Canada (OpenLC NA), and just got through with a flight in Southern Germany--very nice scenery and *lots* of airports in Germany, including the one my daughter is stationed at.

Don't give up on P3D--it's being constantly improved.  FSX is a dead end--there's just so much that can be done with it and it's just about reached its end.  But it still runs great on my system with help from Steve's DX10 fixer and a few aircraft and airports that haven't been ported over to P3D yet.

Cheers!

Stew

Stew, the Templar Knights, the Free Masons, the Knights of Columbus, the secret club my son and his friends had when he was 10 years old, and P3Dv4 will always remain mysteries to me.

I was trying to to set up exploration flights of the these areas with the Aircreation Ultralight that I had copied over to P3Dv4.  That was the problem.  While it flies as it should and everything appears to work on it for some reason it screws up those sceneries.

Just wildly flailing around for answers I went to those locations with the Kodiak and everything appeared as they should.  I went back with the ultralight and they were all screwed up again.

Totally my fault and my ignorance.

Noel

Noel,  As you probably suspect, the ultralight ain't gonna work in P3Dv4.  I've resorted to flying one of the easy/default helicopters to do the exploring bit.  It takes a little getting used to controlling the thing, but after awhile it works well.

Stew

Sue gave me a link to some French site that has an ultralight that works for her in P3Dv4 Stew.

I've been using the Aircreation for a while and it flies normally.  It just makes certain scenery items disappear.  It wasn't until I went to Devils Tower that I discovered it.

Noel

Bizarre behavior that the Aircreation would affect scenery like that.  Sometimes you just never know...

Stew

I was at monument valley to try it out and found the aircraft in a hole in the runway at the start, my understanding is that they are not fully tested in P3Dv4 yet and are listed as v3 at the moment.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Well Raymond, on my installation Monument Valley looks perfect from my Quest Kodiak.  No aircraft in a hole.

Like fingerprints I don't think any two installations of P3Dv4 and Orbx are alike.  Different components, different addons, different CPUs and video cards.  And they all tie in somehow and probably nobody really knows how it all works together.

I would have never guessed an aircraft could effect scenery, especially a simple one like the FSX default ultralight.  Especially since I've been flying it around for months in the North American regions without any APPARENT problems.  Then when I tried to got to Devils Tower it made the tower itself disappear.  Maybe it made other things disappear in other sceneries when I was flying it around and I never noticed.

When I told Nick at the Orbx restricted user's support forum what actually was causing the problem he thanked me for telling him.  I guess that had not come up before but now he has a bit more information when someone else has a problem.  I imagine there's a lot of guesswork in support and trial and error.

You might try going to Monument Valley with a default P3Dv4 aircraft and see what happens unless you were already using one of the default craft.

When I was a working development engineer I would get a circuit board that wasn't working properly.  Sometimes just moving a wire aside to stick a probe somewhere solved the problem.  I couldn't tell anyone why except to say it was magic.  I think there's some magic in flight simulation too.

Noel 

It was a default P3Dv4  GA aircraft, I only installed P3Dv4 a week ago and my ORBX Scenery, BASE, VECTOR , EULC, UK , WALES , NALC , NANC , NASC , MONUMENT VALLEY , DEVILS TOWER , YOSEMITE , KSAN , LOWI , and UK2000 XTREM EGLL, EGKK , EGCC , PMDG 747-400 QOTS ,

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Raymond, have you run the Vector configurator?

Have you tried the Orbx support forum?

Noel