Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Monarch ceases trading

2 hours ago, J.L.Seagull said:

PM'd you Pete. No point in hijacking the thread.

Don't worry it went off the rails ages ago!

Actually I'd find hearing about regional differences in living more interesting than other people's brexit opinions at the moment! :)

Chris

Monarch went down the pan because Ryanair and easyJet are short haul low cost with a "lean attitude" and had the monopoly on the high yield routes.

Monarch for years suffered what bmi became, the bisexuals of the airline industry.. For the last 10 years monarch just didn't know what they where.  Short haul ?   Lowco??  Long Haul??  Charter.  Exactly the same as Bmi.

When you work at EasyJet the management constantly tell you "we are not a low cost airline,  we are hybrid"  which is rubbish, they operate on the low cost model just the same as Ryanair. They just don't want to be perceived by the public as low cost (I'e Ryanair)  I used to LOVE telling the pilots at easyJet "you signed up to work for a short haul low cost airline, I need you to do the 4 sectors please"  Or "I'm afraid your aircraft is orange and white, not blue white and red"  

It Used to really annoy them.

At least Ryanair make no lies about being short haul low cost...  And they have cleaned up with huge profits.

EasyJet pretend to be legacy,  there not 

Monarch just didn't have a clue what they where.

On a final note the one to watch next is Virgin Atlantic.   There are going down that road of "what am I"  

Business??  -- Cant compete with Ba/Aa

Long Haul bucket and spade -- can't complete with Norwegian on cost 

Charter -- not big enough just with Virgin Holidays,  and also cant complete with Thomson.

Interesting times.  But it's got jack to do with brexit 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

There are some pretty lucrative slots up for grabs now Pete. Heard any rumours who might take them over?

http://news.sky.com/story/easyjet-posts-record-summer-passenger-numbers-but-sees-turbulence-ahead-11069052

Yet some posters will say this has nothing to do with Brexit.

The value of the pound is down 25% 

No wonder Easyjet have registered their second office in a country that uses the Euro currency.  The British POUND is DEAD because of Brexiter's whom were more concerned about law abiding immigrants than improving their career.

No its not.  

Firstly Mcall is Leaving to go to ITV.   That is after both Brady and Facey have walked too.

They just by the skin of their teeth avoided a pilot strike and the moral is at rock bottom amongst all the staff it's heart breaking to see.

Whats got them is on a "G" reg aircraft they cant fly internally between  2 cities,  Paris to nice for example. Rome to Milan,  they will need over flight and landing permits and also PPR for example. They might even need block permits too, like Turkey. Which of you'd worked in the airlines You'll know block DCNs are nightmares!! 

So they got an Austrian AOC to get round this.  Their choices where Portuguese,  Irish or Austrian AOCs.   The first was cost,  second was location (close to UK) the third was reliable and easy labour laws.  Thats why they got a new AOC.

Mcall (after Brady was fired) is trying to leave on a high after managing to shaft last year's schedule so much they canned 1000s of flights and cost then hugly in eu delay payments.  But the Dame still managed to take out 6 million for herself.  I'm glad I'm out of there.   

With all due respect you've fallen for some corporate rubbish there.

14ppkc-6.png

UK firm setting up in Austria , Easyjet is a mature company why didn't they do this before Brexit? It's nothing more than a 'shell - company' style move due to Brexit

Did you not read my post??  

Noone ever thought we would leave to be honest did they.

easyJet even invited Cameron to campaign at the easyJet head office.

But they have to loose the G reg.   That's why Norwegian have the new AOC as do Vueling (for Ba) 

Titan,  DHL Uk and Cargologic are also going to have issues for example they won't be able to do internal charters in Eu countries 

14ppkc-6.png

47 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

The value of the pound is down 25% 

No wonder Easyjet have registered their second office in a country that uses the Euro currency.  The British POUND is DEAD because of Brexiter's whom were more concerned about law abiding immigrants than improving their career.

I really am worried that i am 'picking' on you, but really, i have to ask, how old are you?  I suspect you are young, maybe 15?  The value of the pound is down from an historic high, the belief on the financial markets is that a hard Brexit has already been priced into the value...however, the pound was trading at the same value in 2014, long before Brexit.  If you don't believe me check the values on XE.com.

Easyjet have registered in Austria because (depending on the deal secured) they may have too, as was pointed out to you above, it will depend on if the Open Skies agreement can be reached to allow UK aircraft to run from European countries into other EU countries, rather than just GB into EU.  They haven't done it before because they didn't need to.

Brexit is going to cause issues ahead, but it might be a blessing the EU is also facing major issues, not only Spain, but right wing governments in Poland and Hungary, right wing successes in Germany, right wing on the rise in Sweden, Italian financial problems, Greek financial problems and perhaps the biggest of all, the tide is already turning on Macron in France.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

4 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I really am worried that i am 'picking' on you, but really, i have to ask, how old are you?  I suspect you are young, maybe 15?  The value of the pound is down from an historic high, the belief on the financial markets is that a hard Brexit has already been priced into the value...however, the pound was trading at the same value in 2014, long before Brexit.  If you don't believe me check the values on XE.com.

Easyjet have registered in Austria because (depending on the deal secured) they may have too, as was pointed out to you above, it will depend on if the Open Skies agreement can be reached to allow UK aircraft to run from European countries into other EU countries, rather than just GB into EU.  They haven't done it before because they didn't need to.

Brexit is going to cause issues ahead, but it might be a blessing the EU is also facing major issues, not only Spain, but right wing governments in Poland and Hungary, right wing successes in Germany, right wing on the rise in Sweden, Italian financial problems, Greek financial problems and perhaps the biggest of all, the tide is already turning on Macron in France.

Finally someone gets it.  Good 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabotage

Oh and 

Britain now EIGHTH largest industrial nation as it climbs world rankings in Brexit boost

BRITAIN is now the eighth largest industrial nation, after manufacturing returned to growth last year

14ppkc-6.png

Let me give you another example....

CargoLogicAir wanted to operate from Kenya to Amsterdam for flowers. And also Bogota to Amsterdam also for flowers.  Amsterdam is good for trucking and onwards freight trucking movement. 

Now with openskies there should be no issue with a "G" reg aircraft to operate into Amsterdam.  But the Dutch found a 50 year old rule that states you could only have one operator on cargo routes into Amsterdam.   But openskies over rules that Dutch rule.  Nethertheless the Dutch got their way and blocked it they didn't want CargoLogicAir taking martinair routes.  So CargoLogicAir operate it into Stansted instead.  

This is an example of how the corrupt  the EU is.  The Dutch transport minister had a word with some eu minister and that rule was maintained.  CargoLogicAir got blocked completely illegally but the EU doesn't play buy the rules

The French are masters of not playing by the rules so if easyJet had kept the G regged aircraft they will block them on certain  routes like the Klm example. Paris to Milan for sure would be one,  but If easyJet have an Austrian registered aircraft there's no much Air France or Aliatalia can do about it. Unless they can find a Cabotage rule like the Dutch did to CargoLogicAir 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

It would be hard to further one's career if the career-advancing posts are already taken by LEGAL migrants to whom employers are paying cheaper rates. Migrants who admittedly are used to having even less and thus grateful for what they get (free healthcare too!). Yes, employers have businesses to run which cost money, so obviously smaller wage bills are good for them. Possibly not good for local economies as the employees can't spend as much as they might have done. Maybe not even buying tickets on budget airlines...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)