Sign in to follow this  
austindk

Error when starting SVS

Running in to an error code when trying to start SVS. The error says "Synthetic Vision has not started properly, launch it manually. Error code=14001".

I have attempted a couple of reinstalls, one of which with antivirus disabled.

Has anyone had this issue or can offer any resolution steps?

Your are probably in v4 and svs seem not ready for this version...

A future upgrade in near time, I hope. Or a bug for reading datas in the sim.

14001 is Windows error code for side-by-side DLLs. simconnect is one of them. In documentation it says in requirements:

SimConnect.dll RTM version (10.0.60905.0) installed*

The installer is located here for P3D v3:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib
The installer is located here for P3D v4:
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib

hope it helps.

49 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Your are probably in v4 and svs seem not ready for this version...

SVS works quiet nice in P3Dv4! No update necessary.

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Sorry all, forgot to mention that I'm running FSX:SE. The simconnect issue makes sense, does anyone know the location of it for FSX:SE?

And I'll be on v4 as soon as FlyInside supports it!! 

Thanks for the replies so far!

9 minutes ago, austindk said:

Sorry all, forgot to mention that I'm running FSX:SE. The simconnect issue makes sense, does anyone know the location of it for FSX:SE?

And I'll be on v4 as soon as FlyInside supports it!! 

Thanks for the replies so far!

You have to read Carenado's SVS documentation included in the main aircraft folder (for the C172SP). They explain there from where you should install the simconnects modules and also there's a troubleshooting chapter explaining what to do in case of problems with SVS.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'll have to check again. The only documentation I looked at was within the "/common/FSX/Carenado/C172SP" folder. Is this what you are referring to?

4 minutes ago, austindk said:

I'll have to check again. The only documentation I looked at was within the "/common/FSX/Carenado/C172SP" folder. Is this what you are referring to?

No. That's not the main aircraft folder. As Ed said, the guide is in the main folder where your 172 is in FSX.

most likely here...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM

• Upvote 1

Thanks all, found the documentation! I have read through it previously but I was referring to the incorrect folder location, oops!

2 hours ago, zbychus said:

most likely here...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM

Thank you! Trying this now along with some other fixes in the documentation!

Thanks all for the help! Finally figured out the issue, it was due to the fact I didn't have FSX-RTM installed.

The documentation does show it but it is tucked away in the system requirements section.