Sign in to follow this  
kekelekou

Damage Mod for BN-2 Islander WIP

So, what’s up with the Damage Mod for the Islander?
The engine gauges needed a bit of work to have all the individual failures work together (warming up, wear, dead cut mag test). The missing bits are now ironed out. I have also taken the opportunity to simulate the sluggish response to throttle input of a cold engine. 
The Joystick throttle Intercept, mask and pass C++ gauge was cloned to «*hijack*» prop pitch input from an external controller, so that the pitch response test can be fully and accurately simulated. 
The Islander VC was missing a switch to toggle structural deice on and off, but such a switch is now standing just left of the airspeed indicator (thanks to Blender and the Blender2FSx toolkit).

Coding-wise, the last task is to amend my test control panel to handle the 36 systems and corresponding buttons. I have not decided yet if I want to include the FSCaptain interface as a default feature or an addon. The timeline for the release of the v1.81 beta will tell!

Releasing the Damage Mod has been so close! So stay tuned for more!

A short update to show you the final panel layout. I am pretty pleased with how it looks, but I still have to make sure all lights glow where and when required!

40173535431_cbe90d9e40_b.jpg

Shouldn't be too long now...

Hello Peter.

Thanks for your kind words.

Oh boy, I am such a newbie in software development that I have forgotten to ask the beta testers what sim they run...

I have worked on this Damage Mod mainly for my FSX, then thought that others may enjoy this too. So this is pretty much an FSX design. Using Doug’s 32 or 64 bit config, sound and fuel gauges shouldn’t be too complicated.

The only difficulty I can think of is the fact that I had to learn how to write 2 c++ gauges in order to intercept joystick inputs. I have no idea about how to create 64 bit versions of these gauges.

Any help appreciated!