Sign in to follow this  
peterdrowan

p3d version 4 and Ezdoc

I have just moved over from FSX to p4d and am still struggling with getting it the way I want.   The virtual cockpit views on the supplied aircraft are fine but a long way away to see switches and things though you can use keys to move in and out but they are a far form what I would call a pilot view being too high which makes it seem you are not flying the plane as a pilot.  IN FSX I used ezdoc to sort this but for most of the comfortable views the pilot seat is in the way or you are too close and If I go above the seat then the fusilage is in the way.   I also can't find a key combination to change the zoom of width of the view you see - it used to be ctrl + and ctrl - on FSX.  I'm sure I can't be the only one to have this problam. Can anyone help.

Peter Rowan

1 minute ago, peterdrowan said:

I have just moved over from FSX to p4d and am still struggling with getting it the way I want.   The virtual cockpit views on the supplied aircraft are fine but a long way away to see switches and things though you can use keys to move in and out but they are a far form what I would call a pilot view being too high which makes it seem you are not flying the plane as a pilot.  IN FSX I used ezdoc to sort this but for most of the comfortable views the pilot seat is in the way or you are too close and If I go above the seat then the fusilage is in the way.   I also can't find a key combination to change the zoom of width of the view you see - it used to be ctrl + and ctrl - on FSX.  I'm sure I can't be the only one to have this problam. Can anyone help.

Peter Rowan

You can use your same FSX ezdok licence with PD3V4 (I did this and I am now using ezdok with V4), all your cameras and settings will remain, the developer created an especial version which you can find on the product official forums.

Best regards,

Simbol 

My problem is not getting EZdoc working with P3D 4.  It works fine but the pilot seat and the fusilage mean that it is very difficult to create useful views for flying - for instrument panel views it is fine - but for flying views you are too close and if you move back the seat blocks the view.   Even the virtual cockpit has to take a high view looking down because of the seat. If you set up a similar view in ezdoc the top of the fusilage blocks the view.  I also can't seem to find a way to chnage the zoom of the screen.  Can anyone comment on these problems.

Peter Rowan

Hi Peter,

I'm struggling to visualise this issue. It would really help if you could post a few screenshots illustrating the problem.

Chris

Peter,

I can adjust my zoom leves and camera positions to my needs using EZdoc so as Chris is saying we don't fully understand the problem, I think you will need to either post pictures or create a video so we can help you further.

All the best
Simbol

Peter,

well, I know what you mean. Maybe you never sat in a pilot´s seat, and many/most simmers take unrealistic positions as they just sit in a virtual jump seat behind the pilot or even on passenger seat A2 (then of course the back-rest blocks any view). A real panel is always pretty close to you, and you will turn your head for scanning the instruments/displays. To maintain some realism EZdok is just so great for that, a reasonable zoom is between 0.7 and 0.8 in combination with outside views. Zoom is either controlled via P3D or better in EZdok´s camera setting of your actual view. A Chris and Simbol proposed let us have some pictures if it resists to work. 

Regards

Fritz

2 hours ago, peterdrowan said:

Can anyone comment on these problems.

press num 2 to enter edit mode.

zoom in or out with mouse scroll wheel . ( to achieve correct zoom, I use 1.0 where possible )  note Ctrl + & - will give very fine adjustment.

use arrow keys to fine adjust your seat position.

press num 2 to save edit.

bob

latest beta is 2.5 build 11