Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

Bandwidth Shortage -- Please Use Bittorrent

Due to the high demand of FreeMeshX 2.0, my bandwidth usage on MediaFire has far exceeded its limits. Therefore, the automatic downloads through the downloader were temporarily suspended by MediaFire. To put things in perspective, I have used about 8.5 PB of bandwidth from MediaFire that past two years.

ChYFt0S.png

I have paid for more bandwidth, but I ask that only the automatic download scripts be used if Bittorrent is absolutely NOT an option!

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

Well, that didn't take long!

20 TB of bandwidth in one week gone. I have no choice but to suspend the automatic download scripts for now. For the time being, Bit Torrent is the only way to download the files.

I never saw any bandwidth usage like this before FMX 2.0, and had even built up a whole PB of surplus bandwidth. That has all disappeared now. The amount of traffic now is just insane, and with no revenue to support the costs, I will have to shift the burden onto Bit Torrent which was designed for exactly this type of thing.

• Upvote 1

Can you ask/post that torrent users set to  allow uploading?  Might help, currently I'm seeing 5 day download time

On 10/19/2017 at 2:56 PM, Zigarten said:

Can you ask/post that torrent users set to  allow uploading?  Might help, currently I'm seeing 5 day download time

Currently, I'm seeing 21 uploading on the Global torrent with 24 downloading, so it's in relatively good health. Ideally, people should be uploading an equal amount that they download to ensure decent speeds.

• Upvote 1

Oh, ok!  Thanks.

I did notice afterwards that my uploads matched my download size.  I'm about 60% done...maybe I'm being throttled by my IP! lol.

My d/l speeds swing from 180K to 49 and back again.

Never used bittorrent. How do I do it? I had all the old individual files but now when opening them with 7-zip I keep getting "Can not open file as archive" error. 7-Zip is only opening the first one in the folder, the 002, 003, etc... is where the errors are??

Eric 

Download the program (there's more than one, I'm using Deluge, not sure if it makes a difference)

Install, then go here:

http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx/bit-torrent-download-links/

look for links like this:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2pcecgcd4s4i9n4/FreeMeshX_-_USA.torrent

Use your program to load and "add" this file, it will start looking for seeders/users (servers sending the file bits) and begin the download, note where the default folder is set up, USA is HUGE

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Zigarten said:

Download the program (there's more than one, I'm using Deluge, not sure if it makes a difference)

Install, then go here:

http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx/bit-torrent-download-links/

look for links like this:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2pcecgcd4s4i9n4/FreeMeshX_-_USA.torrent

Use your program to load and "add" this file, it will start looking for seeders/users (servers sending the file bits) and begin the download, note where the default folder is set up, USA is HUGE

I have the USA one from previous d/l. The old downloads from the individual continents are corrupt and 7zip cannot open them and thus I need to d/l the Global 2.0 all in one file now.

Eric 

On 10/21/2017 at 9:38 AM, AviatorMoser said:

Currently, I'm seeing 21 uploading on the Global torrent with 24 downloading, so it's in relatively good health. Ideally, people should be uploading an equal amount that they download to ensure decent speeds.

Got an error that deluge has stopped at 97% (after 6 days!) Can't seem to re-start though, Kinda seems the files OK though??

Is it still seeding OK?

5 hours ago, Zigarten said:

Got an error that deluge has stopped at 97% (after 6 days!) Can't seem to re-start though, Kinda seems the files OK though??

Is it still seeding OK?

6 days? Ummm, not ever will I do that. 

Eric 

On 10/24/2017 at 1:59 PM, Zigarten said:

Is it still seeding OK?

Seeding looks fine here. Most clients I'm seeding seem to be done after a few hours. I'm moving about 500-600 GB per day on average, and the health of the swarm looks good. I could always use more seeders, but I can't force anybody to seed. Some people are just takers :(

Also bear with my slow responses these past few weeks. I'm at the end of my PhD candidacy so lots of writing and preparation for my defense. Then I have to move and start a new job! Once some normalcy returns to my life, I can start pushing some overdue updates.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I knew that, all good, no rush at my end. I may just start all over again, it did seem weird it took so long!

Okay, I've re-enabled the download for the installers of FreeMeshX Global, but not for the USA mesh. The USA mesh will remain Bit Torrent only for the time being.

Hopefully, this will divide the demand in half and keep my bandwidth quota under control. If anything, please use Bit Torrent for both options. It really helps.

Update:

Some more bandwidth added today, so direct downloads from MediaFire should be functioning correctly.