Sign in to follow this  
KevinJH

FSX:SE Saved Flightplan anomaly

Running FSX:SE on a Win10 pc.  Not sure if this is a coincidence but since the last Win10 update a week or two ago (the large one that installed some Paint programme that I'll never use, amongst other things......) whenever I now access 'Flight Planner'  and attempt to load a saved plan, the sim immediately shuts down - no warning, signs, sounds, nothing.  I've tried clearing out all the saved plans files (except the Logbook.BIN) and that did seem to help but this seems to last for a short while and the problem returns.  Any thoughts/suggestions or similar experiences from anyone here at all please ?

TIA

Kevin

8 hours ago, KevinJH said:

Running FSX:SE on a Win10 pc.  Not sure if this is a coincidence but since the last Win10 update a week or two ago (the large one that installed some Paint programme that I'll never use, amongst other things......) whenever I now access 'Flight Planner'  and attempt to load a saved plan, the sim immediately shuts down - no warning, signs, sounds, nothing.  I've tried clearing out all the saved plans files (except the Logbook.BIN) and that did seem to help but this seems to last for a short while and the problem returns.  Any thoughts/suggestions or similar experiences from anyone here at all please ?

TIA

Kevin

Not sure if this is your problem, but it certainly was mine. Windows did an update which caused my problem and many others. I first thought it was an FSUIPC issue so I posted on their support site, then I did more research and found others were having this problem as well.

Here is an excerpt from my final post...

Posted September 22 on FSUIPC support forum.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:29 PM, danewatson said:

...So for those experiencing crashes this may be the cause - if you copy and paste - Windows Update KB4038788 causing FSX crashes and P3D -into a Google search you will see that this is an issue for many people.

Thank you for this feedback! Good also to know you have it fixed.

Pete

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Dane - thanks very much for posting this information.  I'll follow through and check the relevant threads to see what the score is and act accordingly.  Thank-you v.m. again ;-)