Sign in to follow this  
delete this account

Carenado Saab 340 thoughts?

I'm done with Carenado....

How the F50 Universal FMC is worse than the 2014 B1900D, I dont know.  VNAV not even attempted and the soft approach to tell you that it's not modelled is a line in the... er,,, paperwork. "Only features of the FMC mentioined herein are modelled".   (ie Good luck if you were expecting features from 2014 in a plane that should probably have it)

Not even an option to enter advisory altitude.  Magenta line moving? Hold a straight course after being in ILS? I bought a GTN 750 rather than ask for a refund for the F50 as it is nice to fly otherwise. 

On the Saab... I was watching someone stream it today and it actually blew over to a nose wheel and wing tip on taxi... more than a few times.  All the usual issues and more.  He didn't seem to be enjoying it and i'll assume he wont fly it again.

I've went from looking forward to their new planes to now disliking them as a company, helped along by non supportive support.

No hope for the Shorts 360 now also.  Lessons learnt.

The streamer done a flight by flight comparison with the LES Saab 340 on XP - and there was no comparison to which was the better option.

Edited by macneil

4 hours ago, macneil said:

I'm done with Carenado....

How the F50 Universal FMC is worse than the 2014 B1900D, I dont know.  VNAV not even attempted and the soft approach to tell you that it's not modelled is a line in the... er,,, paperwork. "Only features of the FMC mentioined herein are modelled".   (ie Good luck if you were expecting features from 2014 in a plane that should probably have it)

Not even an option to enter advisory altitude.  Magenta line moving? Hold a straight course after being in ILS? I bought a GTN 750 rather than ask for a refund for the F50 as it is nice to fly otherwise. 

On the Saab... I was watching someone stream it today and it actually blew over to a nose wheel and wing tip on taxi... more than a few times.  All the usual issues and more.  He didn't seem to be enjoying it and i'll assume he wont fly it again.

I've went from looking forward to their new planes to now disliking them as a company, helped along by non supportive support.

No hope for the Shorts 360 now also.  Lessons learnt.

The streamer done a flight by flight comparison with the LES Saab 340 on XP - and there was no comparison to which was the better option.

I agree 100%

Does the new Saab 340 have the default GPS available?

Stan

Hi Guys,

I just bought the S340 today. Trying to find a pilots manual somewhere? is there one, and could someone direct me to it?

Thanks

There is no real Manual. nothing. Just the checklist and normal procedures etc. inside your Carenado folder within the simulator.

BTW: hopefully Carenado will strech their S340 once to a S2000, that would be nice.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS