Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Quality Wings 787 released for FSX

Does look impressive from the vids, actually I was expecting that to be the case based on what I'd see of it previously, and I thought the QW Viscount 900 was pretty good myself, so I know they can do decent aeroplanes, but as noted, I like many, won't be going for it for FSX.

I'd buy it for FSX if it was a cheap upgrade to P3D V4 if you have the FSX version, but since there's no info on that I'm aware of, I assume not. In any case, I'd be inclined to suspect it'd be a bit VAS hungry what with all those big PFDs and an EFB and fancy FMCs plus what looks to be a very detailed model if the shots of the undercarriage assemblies are anything to go by. Let's be honest, even PMDG with their excellent B747-400 made the default setting for the PFDs 15 fps in that one, and that doesn't have anywhere near the same number of big displays the QW 787 has, nor all that fancy EFB stuff either. PMDG did a good job with the VAS management of their 747-400, so it can be done with a complex aeroplane for FSX, but then again I've only really flown the 400D version of that mostly, on trips of about 1,000 miles of so, so that helped in not having FSX run out of memory.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing experiences on it for those who do go for it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Huge congratulations to QW on the release after a really long development cycle.   I wish them well with sales and I wish us loads of fun (when the P3D version is eventually released).  Kudos to FSFX packages on a same time Immersion pack..

I'm a PMDG-only user, but being a Boeing fan, look forward to reviews, while QW develops the P3D version.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

As mainly a XP11 and P3Dv4 user, I also have a nice little FSX:SE installation that is only used for the FSL A320 .... think I'll be picking the QW 787 up to sit alongside it there :cool:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

4 hours ago, Chock said:

In any case, I'd be inclined to suspect it'd be a bit VAS hungry what with all those big PFDs and an EFB and fancy FMCs plus what looks to be a very detailed model if the shots of the undercarriage assemblies are anything to go by. Let's be honest, even PMDG with their excellent B747-400 made the default setting for the PFDs 15 fps in that one, and that doesn't have anywhere near the same number of big displays the QW 787 has, nor all that fancy EFB stuff either. PMDG did a good job with the VAS management of their 747-400, so it can be done with a complex aeroplane for FSX, but then again I've only really flown the 400D version of that mostly, on trips of about 1,000 miles of so, so that helped in not having FSX run out of memory.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing experiences on it for those who do go for it.

As you suspected, it's a bit VAS hungry but my initial impression is that it is not quite as VAS intensive as the PMDG 777, although I am saying that having just flown it on a couple of local flights and have yet to use it on a longer flight. Like many new airliner releases, the 787 is going to have to be used with very careful selective use of addon scenery if long flights are going to be achievable in FSX. 

Bill

6 hours ago, coa1117 said:

The huge 787 fan in me so wants to get this today but I'll put the brakes on and wait for some independent reviews. Everyone has their own ideas about quality and I don't expect perfection. But IMHO PMDG comes closest to it and before I head down the jetway I'll need to know how close QualityWings has gotten with this bird. My only experience with QW was their original 757 which was a big disappointment, so much so that in 20 years of flight simming it's the only add-on I ever actually uninstalled. The promo vid and features list look great but the devil is in the details and I really do hope this 787 is a winner.

The QualityWings of the 757 days was a bit different than they are today.  Remember their motto was "Complexity Simplified", curious how that has disappeared over the years.  In fact, don't really think their 757 was all that bad, just overly simplified and missing some very much needed multi-crew support.

Like you, I'm hoping this 787 lives up to the hype and gets some love from FS2Crew.  Not the same flying solo.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

6 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I'm a PMDG-only user, but being a Boeing fan, look forward to reviews, while QW develops the P3D version.

Well Mr PMDG only user you are missing out on other excellent products with that tunnel vision!

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

1 hour ago, YukonPete said:

Well Mr PMDG only user you are missing out on other excellent products with that tunnel vision!

Not really.... the fact that he only wants PMDG style products says that he wants and expects the maximum in realism. Most if not all add ons fall short of the level of complexity pmdg offers.

There is a market for people who want the CLOSEST replica of real airplanes they can get for flightsim so they can feel as if they flying the real thing.

A lot of the add-ons that are touted as amazing and the best thing since sliced bread fall extremely short of true realism and these addons arent fun for the market thst only uses pmdg.

Just sayin....

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Poor to release it on a Monday.

Nevertheless more people will get this by the end of the week,  there's some twitch streams already up - judge for yourself e.t.c

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Not really.... the fact that he only wants PMDG style products says that he wants and expects the maximum in realism. Most if not all add ons fall short of the level of complexity pmdg offers.

There is a market for people who want the CLOSEST replica of real airplanes they can get for flightsim so they can feel as if they flying the real thing.

A lot of the add-ons that are touted as amazing and the best thing since sliced bread fall extremely short of true realism and these addons arent fun for the market thst only uses pmdg.

Just sayin....

Yes Really! Not all add ons fall short!  The FSL A320 for example is superior to anything PMDG has produced. And the Majestic Q400 is every bit as good as any PMDG product.

• Upvote 8

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I wonder if they will now have time to make their BAE146 available for P3d v4,I would not mind this or the Just Flight version either will do for me"hint Just Flight",great little Aircraft that I just love and miss in V4

2 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Yes Really! Not all add ons fall short!  The FSL A320 for example is superior to anything PMDG has produced. And the Majestic Q400 is every bit as good as any PMDG product.

PMDG is the benchmark - mostly because they have set and maintained a consistent high fidelity benchmark for years - on the most popular of Boeing aircraft. 

I'm glad other companies(like FSLabs)  are starting to break through that benchmark and am really excited about the 787.   QW have seemingly upped their game significantly.

Personally, I would say A2A is the benchmark for quality, complexity, innovation and indeed proliferation: They have innovated with things like their Captain of the Ship and AccuSim enhancements and have consistently produced excellent add-ons across a broad range of different aircraft types including everything from simpler WW1 fighters up to classic airliners of staggering complexity and attention to detail, with unmatched simulation of the systems in all of them, and the best GA aeroplanes you can get are sat in the middle of that bunch, plus they have made one or two simpler add-ons which offer great value for those who are on a budget.

As if that wasn't enough, they have made some excellent utilities such as their 3D lights and their AccuFeel add-ons, which improve all your FS add-on aeroplanes, not merely their own, and their support is second to none. They have consistently produced a vast array of wonderful products, and they continue to push innovation by being closely involved in the development of FSW too, so they have an eye on the future as well as the present. I don't know anyone at all who would fault their products and I don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about them.

They are the ones to emulate, and it looks like QW are having a stab at that with this new 787, because it does look like an excellent add-on at a reasonable price.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 minutes ago, Chock said:

Personally, I would say A2A is the benchmark for quality, complexity, innovation and indeed proliferation: They have innovated with things like their Captain of the Ship and AccuSim enhancements and have consistently produced excellent add-ons across a broad range of different aircraft types including everything from simpler WW1 fighters up to classic airliners of staggering complexity and attention to detail, with unmatched simulation of the systems in all of them, and the best GA aeroplanes you can get are sat in the middle of that bunch, plus they have made one or two simpler add-ons which offer great value for those who are on a budget.

As if that wasn't enough, they have made some excellent utilities such as their 3D lights and their AccuFeel add-ons, which improve all your FS add-on aeroplanes, not merely their own, and their support is second to none. They have consistently produced a vast array of wonderful products, and they continue to push innovation by being closely involved in the development of FSW too, so they have an eye on the future as well as the present. I don't know anyone at all who would fault their products and I don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about them.

They are the ones to emulate, and it looks like QW are having a stab at that with this new 787, because it does look like an excellent add-on at a reasonable price.

I should have qualified my statement with reference to modern airliners.

I agree that with other classic and GA variants,  there are other players that have set benchmarks of their own.  I would also agree that A2A holds that benchmark in that regard