Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Quality Wings 787 released for FSX

I am on the fence here. Should i purchase it and make a short review? I realy fly FSL A320 90% of time, and NGX in P3Dv4 10% of time. But i belive there will be upgrade price, since so many people are waiting for this to happen, and i may put some money on that, mostly becouse i realy want to fly 787, and i belive this QW is a decent one :dry:

p.s. i am not sure, becouse there are still some realy cool stuff coming for P3D soon, like Leo Maddog :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I don't find anything necessary. Some people don't like when others state facts even if it hurts sometimes.

There's no way around it, it IS a dead simulator and not the future of simulation. If you want to lay around flying with it, it's your choice and nobody has anything to do with it, but that doesn't change the facts.

What facts?

How much money was spent on add-ons for each of the available sims in the last year?

Numbers for installed base?

The 'facts' are people still spend enough money on FSX for devs to continue to support it. If not they'd stop, right?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, ubersu said:

Just trolling then, are you?

DJ

Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he's trolling.  You have a different opinion to him,  so you low balled him and said he's trolling. 

It's logic vs emotion. Nuno has shown logic by saying not many people have got it because it's on a dated sim,  hence not many people posting about it, using logic that means not many people have bought it.

You don't like that so you use emotion and call him a troll. 

He's got an opinion whether you like it or not and whether you think is right or wrong.

It's not trolling I'm afraid.

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

I think the main reason there hasn't been more about the QW 787 is that it was not officially announced on their web site until late last night -- when I purchased it yesterday morning their site was still showing Available Summer 2017. I only knew about it because Greg Seipp spotted its availability on Flight1. 

My very preliminary experience, having flown one short flight without reading much in the manuals, is:

It is similar in system impact to a PMDG heavy jet.  I have a rather low end laptop w/ Nvidia 560M GPU.

It flies and lands very well.  It made one unexpected turn in a direction I wasn't expecting during approach, but wound up lined up on  final as it should have been.

I haven't figured out how to activate failures, which are mentioned in  the manuals but are clearly much more limited than a PMDG product.

It has a feature that displays SIDs & STARs in a moving map, drawing from FMC data.  It also is supposed to show ground layout for selected major airports, but I haven't used that facility yet.

For people who think FSX is dead and P3D is the new, dominant sim, do you have any evidence that more people are using P3D (any version) than FSX, or that more people are currently buying P3D than FSX Steam?  It's very likely that Steam reaches a much broader market than LM.   Reading the Avsim forums can give a very misleading picture of  flight sim preferences.  I would like to see more reports from those who are actually using the 787 in this thread.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

2 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

I think the main reason there hasn't been more about the QW 787 is that it was not officially announced on their web site until late last night -- when I purchased it yesterday morning their site was still showing Available Summer 2017. I only knew about it because Greg Seipp spotted it's availability on Flight1. 

My very preliminary experience, having flown one short flight without reading much in the manuals, is:

It is similar in system impact to a PMDG heavy jet.  I have a rather low end laptop w/ Nvidia 560M GPU.

It flies and lands very well.  It made one unexpected turn in a direction I wasn't expecting during approach, but wound up lined up on  final as it should have been.

I haven't figured out how to activate failures, which are mentioned in  the manuals but are clearly much more limited than a PMDG product.

It has a feature that displays SIDs & STARs in a moving map, drawing from FMC data.  It also is supposed to show ground layout for selected major airports, but I haven't used that facility yet.

For people who think FSX is dead and P3D is the new, dominant sim, do you have any evidence that more people are using P3D (any version) than FSX, or that more people are currently buying P3D than FSX Steam?  It's very likely that Steam reaches a much broader market than LM.   Reading the Avsim forums can give a very misleading picture of  flight sim preferences.  I would like to see more reports from those who are actually using the 787 in this thread.

Mike

I know about 10 simmers as "friends"  2 of the 10 have fsx.

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

I know about 10 simmers as "friends"  2 of the 10 have fsx.

Sorry, advanced simmers who have other advanced simming friends do not constitute a reliable cross section of the FSX/P3D market.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

18 minutes ago, tooting said:

You have a different opinion to him,  so you low balled him and said he's trolling.

It's not trolling I'm afraid.

Agreed, well done, brother.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Read what I wrote....."most if not all...."

I agree with you that fslabs and the q400 are in the same market as pmdg. That's what I was refereeing to when I wrote what I just quoted.

It still stands thst any other company outside of these three just mentioned dont come close to what pmdg, fslabs and majestic offer in their products.

I can name several more! A2A, TFDI, RealAir. IXEG.  And your quote " Most if not ALL " What does All Mean? Just that. you claimed ALL fall short. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

There's no way to properly measure FSX vs P3D sales for past 12 months other than asking devs themselves to report sales figures. Even then it won't be accurate as publishers like Aerosoft have a combined platform purchase.  I would personally side on p3d as overtaking FSX for the sake of improvements and being a part of an active development sim. Perhaps watching the amount of YouTube videos of QW787 in FSX vs P3D would be a rudimentary way to measure a general consensus albeit by no means accurate. 

Videos look great so far but no way I'm going back to potential OOMs. That's finally a thing of the past I don't care to revisit.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

14 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

no way I'm going back to potential OOMs. That's finally a thing of the past I don't care to revisit.

+1, big time.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

+1, big time.

+2 here here.  But if I had fsx installed I probably would of bought it and tried it 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Mike777 said:

Sorry, advanced simmers who have other advanced simming friends do not constitute a reliable cross section of the FSX/P3D market.

Mike

Yup you could be right its not accurate.  We will never know how many they sell for fsx

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

11 minutes ago, tooting said:

+2 here here.  But if I had fsx installed I probably would of bought it and tried it 

Well I have the optimized FSX:SE but it is still running sub par and I fear this addon with its excellent VC will tank the sim's FPS.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

I can name several more! A2A, TFDI, RealAir. IXEG.  And your quote " Most if not ALL " What does All Mean? Just that. you claimed ALL fall short. 

TFDI? no not up to pmdg standards. A2A? different market....agreed that they are they are the gold standard for GA though. IXEG? good but still not on the same level as pmdg.

I didn't claim that all developers fall short of pmdg.

I argued that if it csn be proven that there are developers who are in the same league as pmdg, it is a veey small amount. IMO, in terms of the market pmdg is in, (transport category jet aircraft for flightsim) they are still the hold standard and at the top of what they do.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything. Just arguing your statement thst someone who only flies pmdg airplanes is missing out on a ton in flightsim is false.

Come to think of it, I only fly pmdg airplanes as well. It's the only company I trust to deliver a sound product from day one and to provide support for the product on a full time basis.

Why only pmdg? Because I only fly airliners and when FSL a320 came out, there were some very mixed reviews about it so I never picked it up. I never had seen thst with pmdg products.

I got burned with buying the TFDI 717 when it first came out.

My point is thst for me, I don't trust any developer other than pmdg yet.....to offer airplanes thst I woukd enjoy flying in FS at the same level of complexity as pmdg and with the same ability to roll out a product as smoothly as pmdg does.

I am looking to get the FSL a320 whenever I upgrade to p3d v4. However, I am not missing out on a ton of add-ons because I only fly pmdg airplanes.

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

23 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Flight1 has a 30 day refund policy. Why not just buy and try?

Waiting for word on upgrade to p3d version plan...

spacer.png