Sign in to follow this  
mervirtual

Aircraft Airbus

The most recent product from BlackBox  for the A330/A340, but I have heard they have a few issues. I have the old A340 from CLS which is okay to fly, but compared to more recent airliners, it looks bland on the inside. 

There are also project airbus models, which is freeware btw,  for both the aircraft, but I havent flown them.

Aerosoft is working on a A330 but release is still a while away.

Thomas Ruth does nice freeware models IMHO 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The CLS 330/340s are very light in terms of functioning systems, but if you really want a 330/340 to fly then you can improve somewhat by installing a GTN750 if you happen to have it. Although the external modelling and textures are not too bad, the cockpit modelling is fairly unimpressive lacking the great 3D type textures that we have grown used to seeing in the latest FSX products.  As others have suggested, you are probably best to wait for the Aerosoft product to appear as this should be good, considering the experience they have already gained during development of their excellent A320 series.

Bill