Sign in to follow this  
PB68

Reshade FSW Part 2

.... A few more screenshots, taking into account the latest FSW Update 13.  Changes have been made to the PBR based lighting and the TrueSky weather engine.

Capture5e.jpg

Capturef.jpg

Captureh.jpg

...whilst the Dovetail development team are progressing really well, It is just my own opinion, but I feel Reshade is still needed to enhance the overall look of the Sim.

An updated Reshade Preset is available here to take into account the recent changes made by Dovetail.  Just in case you like what you are seeing LOL !!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/co11i88ses6dsir/FSW1.ini

Regards,

Pete Beeby.

• Upvote 1

Pete,

I split these off from another topic. Once a screen shot thread is started, additional screen shots need to go in a new topic. Please review rules here.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

PB68,

Well done you.  Great shots

Bring on the big boys with their complexities. I think we may have a contender

in the Flight Sim World (pun intended)

Keep up the good works.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

16 hours ago, PB68 said:

.... A few more screenshots, taking into account the latest FSW Update 13.  Changes have been made to the PBR based lighting and the TrueSky weather engine.

Capture5e.jpg

Capturef.jpg

Captureh.jpg

...whilst the Dovetail development team are progressing really well, It is just my own opinion, but I feel Reshade is still needed to enhance the overall look of the Sim.

An updated Reshade Preset is available here to take into account the recent changes made by Dovetail.  Just in case you like what you are seeing LOL !!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/co11i88ses6dsir/FSW1.ini

Where does the ini file go? I've installed reshade succesfully, but there's a strong blue tint in the sim.

Regards,

Pete Beeby.

Where does the ini file go? I've installed reshade succesfully, but there's a strong blue tint in the sim.

Which version of Reshade do you use? My FSW is crashing, if i use the current Reshade installer. Great shots!

..cmpbellsjc  ( Moderator )  Sorry and understood .

..Darryl and Tony,many thanks for your comments  ( Lets hope FSW is going somewhere now LOL !! )

..flyforever and jt8d9a  -  Follow these Guidelines

Download the latest version of Reshade found on this link - ( I believe the current version is still v3.0.8 which I am using myself, it has to be this version because it works with DX11 ).

https://reshade.me/

When you run the Reshade installer for the first time, navigate to where your FSW exe file ( It resides inside of your main FSW Folder ) is located.

Let the Reshade 3.0.8 Installer download the collection of Standard Shader Files from github.com .

You should find, that if Reshade is installed correctly within the FSW main folder, when you run FSW, you will now see a banner at the top of the FSW loading screen, saying that  Reshade  is loading the default Shaders.

If you see this, all you now have to do is place my Reshade Preset file ( FSW1.ini ) Into the main FSW folder.

The Next time you Start FSW, you should see a difference in its appearance, as Reshade should have loaded the FSW1 preset file of mine.

If you press shift F2, you will see the main Reshade Menu come up. This is where further customisation of the preset is made possible, if you so wish.
 I recommend that you have a back up copy of the preset, just in case.

Hope you like it, get back to me if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Pete Beeby.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the explanation, Pete. Installation went fine. Before pressing any keys, FSW is very blue.

I am assuming that this is the reshade mode.

When I go into the setup mode of reshade and load your preset, I still end up with two modes, a very blue, almost dark mode, and a lighter mode, which I am not sure now if it's the original default.

One more thing, I had already installed your other shade file, which provided the a different, still very blue mode, but "shift-F2"produced nothing.

I installed reshade 3.xxx over this old installation, so perhaps I need to remove the old reshade folders. 

Perhaps it's time to remove all the folders and start over.

tony

Very nice screenshots

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

...Tony,  

Make sure of this -

On the Reshade Control Panel, underneath         " Home / Settings / Statistics / About " 

You must make sure, the Path to the ini file is displayed, it should look like this  -    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSW\FSW1.ini

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Pete.

PS, bernd1151 many thanks for your comments.