Sign in to follow this  
mrmust

FS9 reinstallation problems.

Hi guys,

Old man, new member. My dear old FS9 and FSX had been resting for a while. Not acceptable so I made an attempt to reinstall first the FS9 and it started very well just until I hit the "Register-button". The page that showed up is not any longer in use. Then I just pushed the "Start-button" and an unfriendly message showed up "Access denied", Please log in with administrators priveligies and try again". I did so, become rapidly an Administrator but it didn´t help: When once again using the "Start-button" no "Access denied-message" became visible but absolutely nothing else happened. Not the simplest flying machine and such stuff showed up. Therefore I now must rely on other definitely more skillful friends on issues like mine. The old man, now quit desparate, thanks in advance for your kind and competent advices. 

mrmust,

I think we really needed a little more information.

However, I would suggest initially, that you uninstall FS9.

Do this through "control Panel" ... uninstall programmes .... Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. Then (if you have not done already) go to "folder management" .... Click on "show hidden files" and then to  Drive C ... users ... app data .... roaming .... Microsoft .... FS9. Once here delete the FS9 folder. Then check where you originally installed FS9 (keep the folder but delete everything  in it.

Reinstall your FS9. I would also suggest strongly that you do not use the default path for installation. If you have a separate drive, then use that. This is to avoid add-on problems later. Simply create a New Folder and rename FS9 or whatever you want to call it. If you do not have a separate drive, then create a new folder and rename it on drive C. Avoid using program files. just use the drive and the folder you have created.

Try to run your programme. You do NOT have to register the programme, you can just step through that part. You can, if you wish go through a fairly lengthy (in my mind) process to fault find but I think the above will be the best and surest way to get you back on track. I am also assuming that you have not added on any other programmes into your FS9 because that introduces fault finding to your options. It is also why I mentioned that a little more information was needed. However, the above installation process is tried and proven process which has worked for me over many many FS9 re-installs. There are people who may disagree but I stress, it has worked for me.

Please let me or us know when you have done that (or you run into further problems) and we can go through updating to 9.1 and using the unmentionable "no CD" process. 

Good luck Sir.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Dear Tony,

Thanks a lot for your advice, as soon as possible I will follow your instructions and will get back to you with the result. Positive I suppose, you seems to know what you are talking about... (Whish I was now and then...)

Have a nice day!

Regards

mrmust

mrmust,

I do not now what I hve said that would convince you that I know what I a talking about. LOL

If you have any problems at all, please let me know and I will respond as soon as I can. If you have any problems understanding what I am saying or referring to, again please just ask.

This whole uninstall re-install can be a frustrating thing for anyone and as an aged person myself I do understand how you are feeling. The important thing is to get you up, running and happy.

Please Just ask.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Dear Tony,

Thanks for your advices and your attempts to make me positive. Well,concerning the latter I can tell you that you have been successful. I made an attempt to reinstall according to your instructions but after Drive C... users... app data... roaming... Microsoft, it stopped for me. I could´t find FS9 and so on. But I will continue because I´m sure that your solution is the right one.

After it stopped I took a deep breath and tried to reinstall FSX and it worked smoothly just until the installation was confirmed "Successful" and I pushed the Startbutton. Immediately I could read about some problems with graphics, probably that I needed the newest drivers for the graphic card to make the simulator run. And now the real mess started. I installed a program called "Driver Booster" and it searched for necessary new drivers and I started to download them. (15 drivers were to old.)

When the download was almost done, then suddenly the screen became black and I have had to spend a lot of time to make my machinery work again. Now it does and a hopeful oldie is looking forward to be able to fly again.

Thank you so much for your generosity to assist me with these matters.

Regards

mrmust

By the way, my system: ASRock FM2A88XExtreme4+ motherboard, AMD A10-7850K APU (3.20 Ghz) with Radeon R7 Graphics, RAM 8 GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250 GB. (maybe not enough for todays games but I thougt it would be sufficient for the old FS9 and FSX???

Mrmust,

I do not know why but I was not notified of your reply so I apologise for this late response.

Firstly, whilst your system is old, I cannot see why it would not work. I believe though, that you would have problems running FSX with a large degree of satisfaction.

Other than that though, how are you going with your FS9 re install? Is it , or has it been successful or do you need some more help?

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.