Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

787 lack of posts on release day says one thing.

First this is just my opinion. Is it just me or is there a major lack of post regarding the QW787 release? If this was a major PMDG release that people had been waiting years for it would be the dominate topic in the forums on release day lasting weeks! Yet today we hardly see anything regarding this 787. I think its because the majority of people have jumped ship to P3Dv4. Poor decision IMO to not target the dominate simulator for its release.   

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Or... everyone who bought today is SO busy enjoying their new toy, they don't want to take time away from it to post about it!

(But I am also surprised at how quiet first adopters have been so far)

• Upvote 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Pete,

I think yhou are half right.

I do believe P3Dv4 is THE dominant Sim but, in the devs favour, I have to say that they have spent years working on the FSX or P3Dv3 version. To stop that ... start on the rework for v4, and then continue with the FSX version does not make a lot of sense either.

It just saddens me that such a long awaited product (and it is) has not been greeted with the roar and fanfare it probably deserves.

Not having the product though, it may well be (but I doubt it) that it is not up to the expected standards. I don't really want to go down that road though.

I am just sittin' on the fence but eagerly awaiting the P3Dv4 release. I think it is a "must have" for all the tubeliner pilots to purchase.

Cheers to us all

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

20 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

If this was a major PMDG release that people had been waiting years for it would be the dominate topic in the forums on release day lasting weeks! Yet today we hardly see anything regarding this 787. 

Of course, if PMDG had been the first to release it would be all the talk. Unfortunately for  QW, they are not PMDG and don't have the pedigree, relationship with Boeing, and resources that PMDG have. I don't say that to disparage QW, but it too separate companies with different skill sets and resources. 

I think its because the majority of people have jumped ship to P3Dv4. 

Could explain it.

Poor decision IMO to not target the dominate simulator for its release.   

You've read the reason why they released the FSX version first, so while it might be disappointing as a P3D user, it's just the way it ended up his time. Perhaps their next airplane will be released for P3D first.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Since we already have a QW 787 release thread going, we can continue to give feedback in it. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator