Sign in to follow this  
Dragn

Looking for small amphibian for P3Dv4

Hi all,

Anyone know of a small amphibian for P3Dv4, either freeware or payware?   I have the Beaver and Twotter but would like to have something smaller along the lines of the RealAir Scout amphibian.

Thanks in advance

Robert Abernathy

Thanks Bert.  I have the Scout in P3Dv4 but the gauges don't seem to work, unless there is a work around I'm not aware of yet.

Thanks Bill, that looks like a good deal on the C185.

I'm hoping I can get the Scout to work too.

EDIT

Found out I hadn't copied over the gauge files for the Scout and now they all work ok!   Will still take a look at the 185 though.

Robert Abernathy

6 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

This one while not an A2A, isn't too bad.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=c185fbush

Bill

The 185 hasn’t been updated to v4 yet. Not sure If carenado are planning an update or not. It may work as is of course. Haven’t tried myself. 

If you do install it, make sure to get Bernt Stolle’s excellent “ultimate 185” fde package. Makes a huge difference. It’s freeware. 

If you are happy with not so detailed models of older airplanes, the Lionheart Classic Collection might be worth a second look. Two different float planes are included in this collection: the Piper Super Pacer Float and the Fairchild 24R Float.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Flight Replicas Super Cub works well in P3DV4.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

1 hour ago, GHarrall said:

The 185 hasn’t been updated to v4 yet. Not sure If carenado a

But on flight one, the link above show a page where the site write "Notice: This product is now FSX, FSX Steam, Prepar3D v2, v3, and v4 compatible."

How to know the verity ?

Perhaps a fault of info on F1...

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

The 185 hasn’t been updated to v4 yet. Not sure If carenado are planning an update or not. It may work as is of course. Haven’t tried myself. 

If you do install it, make sure to get Bernt Stolle’s excellent “ultimate 185” fde package. Makes a huge difference. It’s freeware. 

I used it in FSX SE.  At the bottom of the listing they show that it is v4 compatible though.

>FSX with SP2, ACCELERATION PACK and DX10, and
FSX Steam Edition, and Prepar3D v2, v3, and v4 Compatible<

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

1 hour ago, ms2 said:

But on flight one, the link above show a page where the site write "Notice: This product is now FSX, FSX Steam, Prepar3D v2, v3, and v4 compatible."

How to know the verity ?

Perhaps a fault of info on F1...

3 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I used it in FSX SE.  At the bottom of the listing they show that it is v4 compatible though.

>FSX with SP2, ACCELERATION PACK and DX10, and
FSX Steam Edition, and Prepar3D v2, v3, and v4 Compatible<

Bill

Well, its a Carenado aircraft and it hasn't been updated to v4 as far as the Carenado website is concerned. Perhaps an error at F1?

It may work just fine of course, but I haven't tried installing.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=product&correl=50

They might be hedging their bets with the word "Compatible".  :biggrin:  Might mean might work.  Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

What about the Milviz Beaver or the Aerosoft Twin Otter? Both have an option to add floats.

Thanks,

C185... I look on Carenado site on p3d pages and because no entry I think... don't be compatible yet...

Thanks all..   I havve th3e Milviz Beaver and Aerosoft Twin Otter.  Both are very good.  Was looking for something smaller.  I did get the RealAir Scout working after realizing I hadn't moved the gauges over from P3Dv3.  Went ahead and got Ant's Eaglet.  It's not an amphip but I like it.   The one I'd love to see is the Lake Renegade 250.  I'm also wondering if the SeeBee will work.  I'll go have a look.

Robert Abernathy