Sign in to follow this  
lukehall

Misleading marketing of sim products

On 10/3/2017 at 2:48 PM, Keven Menard said:

There is nothing better than independent reviews.

This topic reminds me of the first time I encountered this type of issue on the Internet: The Microsoft DX10 preview...

That was classic.  I remember those elusive white foam caps and 'God rays' were spoken about for years afterwards. 

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The problem with lots of promotional videos is that they seem to be more artistic expression than product demonstration.

Come On.. Do you really expect the Big Mac you get at McDonald's to look like the one in the ad.  ;-)

• Upvote 2

Ernest Pergrem

Some points in here I can really agree with, but I'll say this..where else are you going to get your products from? Note, this is not to defend any developers or those who have falsely advertised, but essentially when you have a bunch of fish in a 10 gallon tank, and your only source of food are the few dozen that feed you, are you going to eat or starve? It stinks, because I know based on just my own curiosity, it's very hard for me to say NO. The community is dynamic, and with how many new developers hit the floor each year, it's apparent that there is a race to the top! No matter what though, I believe the user would rather have honesty up front and know what they are purchasing. Unfortunately as we know, consumers won't necessarily go anywhere else to get their product due to such a limited market. 

Always in our hearts AVQ1. Andre Roy. 

Air Traffic Controller New York TRACON