Sign in to follow this  
ralinn

TerraFlora Update 1.2.0

Has anyone seen an effect on framerate good or bad in P3D?

Danny

Danny

14 minutes ago, DannyR said:

Has anyone seen an effect on framerate good or bad in P3D?

Don't really see fps decreasing... 

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

They complement each other very well, so you don't need to consider uninstalling the ORBX Trees at all.

Would you mind elaborating? I thought it replaced them. I must have the wrong end of the stick!

Chris

53 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Would you mind elaborating? I thought it replaced them. I must have the wrong end of the stick!

Chris

I thought that both products replace the default trees too, wondering how they could coexist?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

Chris

47 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I thought that both products replace the default trees too, wondering how they could coexist?

+1

Anyway, really interested in TF!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

Chris

From the Turbulent Design Terra Flora Forums:

Q: I already have Orbx HD Trees installed, do I need to remove it?
A: No. The Orbx HD Trees product can remain installed and we highly recommend that you do if you are using other Orbx products.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I didn't purchase this initially, since it doesn't change anything in the ORBX regions, but the trees do look more realistic than ORBX HD Trees, mostly because of the variety of tree heights. Now that it's autumn in the northern hemisphere, the purchase is well worth the money. The recent revisions also cleaned up the few minor issues like the overly snowy conifers and the lack of red colored maples.

I may be the odd man out in these discussions; but, I was just wondering if this plays well with Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain. Or is it intended for Orbx users only? Can default sims benefit as well?  And the big one is does it interfere with or change any sim settings or other scenery settings???

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

So for those who already own and have ORBX FTX Trees installed, having this installed won't overwrite the ORBX Trees? How does this work. So do the ORBX trees only show up in the full regions and outside of that it will show Terraflora?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

So do the ORBX trees only show up in the full regions and outside of that it will show Terraflora?

For me it seems that they show up even in the ORBX regions, together with the ORBX trees, but let's ask this to TD's Russell, who opened this thread to clarify this very important point.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, JesC said:

I may be the odd man out in these discussions; but, I was just wondering if this plays well with Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain. Or is it intended for Orbx users only? Can default sims benefit as well?  And the big one is does it interfere with or change any sim settings or other scenery settings???

I use it with GEP3D & UTX and I love it. No problems at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Exactly that Vic.

It make the forests just that much more real again.

Orbx regions and airports (amongst others) and TF trees are turning this simulation into quite a work of art!

Kind regards

6 hours ago, edpatino said:

For me it seems that they show up even in the ORBX regions, together with the ORBX trees, but let's ask this to TD's Russell, who opened this thread to clarify this very important point.

Cheers, Ed

TerraFlora completely replaces default tree textures. Whether or not you see these changes in a "full fat" Orbx region depends on if that Orbx region has custom autogen.

For example, if you only own FTX Global, TerraFlora will cover the globe flawlessly. If you own Orbx FTX England, its custom autogen will likely override TerraFlora in that region. Though this isn't the case for EVERY region.

As far as I'm aware, FTX England is the only region that does this.

Thanks,
Russ

• Upvote 1

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

I sadly don't have a screenshot right now, but I get these weird shadows on the trees, because they are angular, or however you say. Like it's two 2D planes stiched together in with 90 degree angles.

Also, they don't move in 1.2 anymore?

Guest Mik75

How do I apply the new update? I love the product, but I find the install process and the UI of the Turbulent manager to be a bit confusing...