Sign in to follow this  
ralinn

TerraFlora Update 1.2.0

20 hours ago, Mik75 said:

How do I apply the new update? I love the product, but I find the install process and the UI of the Turbulent manager to be a bit confusing...

Me too, it completely failed to install in FSX-SE, and I am pretty sure I was doing everything I could try.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

30 minutes ago, ms2 said:

I think that to said that Turbulent is compatible orbx trees is for, me only, a diplomatic declaration...

I agree, a diplomatic statement that doesn't help with clarity, rather than stating outright that this is a direct competitor to orbx hd trees. It seems to me that they completely replace orbx hd trees unless you are using a region that has its own autogen trees like England (England is an  anomaly in the orbx line up as it was made by a third party and there are a few things done differently and also not up to orbx standards in the other regions).

To offer a competing product is a good thing and it is obviously compatible with orbx scenery, which again is great. I would say it is compatible with all orbx global packages and most regions but is incompatible with hd trees as it is a replacement for them.

I suppose the only way to tell is comparison screenshots of each and both together. 

Chris

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Me too, it completely failed to install in FSX-SE, and I am pretty sure I was doing everything I could try.

Hi Chock,

If you have any issues with installation, please just jump on to our support forum and we'll find the problem you're having.

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/forums/forum/support/terraflora/?view=all

Unfortunately we won't be able to keep tabs on every forum on the internet so if you have a problem, you'll need to tell us.

When you get to our forum, if you can tell us the details on how it's failing to install, that'll be great! I'm also using FSX-SE without any issues, so I'm interested to know what the problem might be!

Thanks,

Russ

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

Loving the trees!

Though had a hard time figuring out why I was not seeing them at first. It appears that the dynamic 3D vegetation setting, which needs to be off for these trees, requires the sim to be re-started.

Also the Turbulent manger could indicate that the trees are active in which sims. I have P3D 3.x, 4.0 and FSX-SE, and it was not possible to figure out if they were active or not.

1 hour ago, dukeav said:

Loving the trees!

Though had a hard time figuring out why I was not seeing them at first. It appears that the dynamic 3D vegetation setting, which needs to be off for these trees, requires the sim to be re-started.

Also the Turbulent manger could indicate that the trees are active in which sims. I have P3D 3.x, 4.0 and FSX-SE, and it was not possible to figure out if they were active or not.

So Speed Trees need to be disabled? can Someone from Turbulent confirm?

Regards,

Simbol

32 minutes ago, simbol said:

So Speed Trees need to be disabled? can Someone from Turbulent confirm?

Regards,

Simbol

Its actually in the manual:

"“I’m using P3Dv4. Nothing changes after I install TerraFlora.”
Check that you don’t have ‘Dynamic Vegetation Autogen’ enabled. This is enabled by default and
replaces all autogen with dynamic speedtree models. Disabling will both allow TerraFlora to show
through plus it will help your performance dramatically.
"

But don't forget to re-start.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, tutmeister said:

I agree, a diplomatic statement that doesn't help with clarity, rather than stating outright that this is a direct competitor to orbx hd trees. It seems to me that they completely replace orbx hd trees unless you are using a region that has its own autogen trees like England (England is an  anomaly in the orbx line up as it was made by a third party and there are a few things done differently and also not up to orbx standards in the other regions).

To offer a competing product is a good thing and it is obviously compatible with orbx scenery, which again is great. I would say it is compatible with all orbx global packages and most regions but is incompatible with hd trees as it is a replacement for them.

I suppose the only way to tell is comparison screenshots of each and both together. 

Chris

Here a comparison :

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Here a comparison :

Thanks for that video. I have seen a few direct comparisons.

What I actually meant though was in order to see if they were 'compatible' rather than replacing orbx we would need screenshots of them both installed compared to only one installed.

Chris

2 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Thanks for that video. I have seen a few direct comparisons.

What I actually meant though was in order to see if they were 'compatible' rather than replacing orbx we would need screenshots of them both installed compared to only one installed.

Chris

Chris, imho both cover almost the same if not the same vegetation.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Does this Video includes their new updated textures? during the video the winter pines trees look better on ORBX but the screenshots at the beginning of this post shows an improvement of the winter textures for teraflora, so I am curious.

I am thinking of buying, just trying to decide :mellow:

Regards,
Simbol

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Does this Video includes their new updated textures?

Nope. The video was online the 3rd of September and update 1.2 was released the 3rd of october.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

We need a new updated video of TF 1.2 then

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

20 minutes ago, captain420 said:

We need a new updated video of TF 1.2 then

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip