Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

FS Global Special Edition Query

Hi there,

I recently purchased, FS Global Special Edition. I also have Justflight's 4 Volumes of Photographic Scenery for England and Wales for FS2004.

I am currently, waiting on a new Nvidia Graphics Card being installed, in my Quad Core Intel I5 Computer. But when it is, which Terrain Mesh would be more

realistic, for England And Wales, for installation in FS2004 ? the ones, which come with the, Justflight Photographic Scenery Volumes 1-4 or the Terrain Mesh, from the FS Global Special Edition ? Any advice and help would be much appreciated

Regards Eddie 

Also I have the excellent Freeware Scenery Package, NL2000V3se (Holland). And that comes with Terrain Mesh.

Will that Terrain Mesh, clash with the FS Global Special Edition Terrain Mesh ? I could disable the NL2000V3se Terrain Mesh. But I am not sure if this will affect, the quality of the NL2000V3se Scenery. Once FS Global Special Edition, is installed in my FS2004 !?

Eddie

Hi Eddy, I use FS Global with the Just Flight and NL2000 meshes. FS2004 will use whichever mesh is the highest resolution for the scenery tiles currently in use, so you can safely install multiple meshes. The Just Flight mesh is the highest resolution for England and Wales that I know of, it looks great at vertex 21 too. The NL2000 mesh won't clash with FS Global either, it's also higher resolution than FS Global's coverage of the Netherlands.

Many thanks A32xx for your reply to my post, it's very much appreciated. That's brilliant, I am so glad FS2004 chooses, the most detailed Terrain Mesh, it makes things so much easier for me ! How good is FS Global Special Edition ?  Does it enable the true shape of particular Mountains, Forrest's etc around the world to be shown ?

Hi Eddie, you're welcome. I have FS Global 2010 which is newer than FSG Special Edition, and have found it to be excellent in general, with accurately detailed mountains and coastlines (it can't do forests, you'll need landclass for those!). What you'll get with all terrain mesh is the occasional 'spike'  or 'canyon' where there's a fault in the data, but these are very rare and hard to find in FS Global mesh.