Sign in to follow this  
Slider

Performance problems after install

I have purchased ChasePlane last night, and since I installed it, P3DV3 no longer utilizes the hardware as it did before and FPS have dropped significantly. I have tried running P3D without ChasePlane, but no difference.

PMDG 747 at FlyTampa EHAM with AS16, 9-11 FPS, where it used to be steady 25+. In cruise, barely 20-25, while it used to be 40-50. CPU usage is noticeably lower as temps are 15-20 degrees lower than before. GPU isn't working much either.

i5 4670K @ 4.4

R9 390

P3D on SSD

Win7 Ultimate 64bit

If you don't see any difference without ChasePlane, the problem is not with ChasePlane...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Did you not understand that the problem started after installing ChasePlane? It's rather poor customer service to just say that and walk away. We've paid a sizable chunk for a product not even fully released yet, least we should expect is some support...

As I said: as soon as I installed ChasePlane, performance went down, and hardware is not utilized fully any more. I know the install caused it as I was flying several flights before purchasing and installing ChasePlane only to have that happen. 

Little more details on how ChasePlane does things in the background would be useful...

I understood the following part:

”I have tried running P3D without ChasePlane, but no difference.”

Sorry if that sounded rude, it was as not the intention.

ChasePlane is changing the cameras.cfg file to add its own cameras but that does not affect the performance of the simulator.

CP does not touch the Prepar3D.cfg file either so the problem cannot be ChasePlane.

If the only performance-related variable (The app itself) is not present in the equation, the issue must be elsewhere.

Try uninstalling ChasePlane and see if the issue persists. Uninstalling will restore everything to the exact way it was before.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42