Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Problem with increment and decrement flaps

My problem is that the keys I assign to increment and decrement flaps results in the flaps changing two steps instead of one. What could it be ?

Hi jfri

Which functions are you assigning and on which device? If you are using the Saitek Multi-Panel, make sure you are only using LINDA (not Spad/SpadNxt).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I assign the functions LIB: Default FSX flight controls flaps incr and decr on a TM Hotas Warthog.

Is there any software for the Warthog running? 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

No I dont use the Warthogs own software

You are not giving me enough information to work with. 

Please follow the Fault Diagnosis thread above with operate of your flap assigned buttons. Please email me copies of the fsuipcX.ini and the config-hid.lua files contained in:

\modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\fsx default\ and modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\{your aircraft}\

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 LINDA 2.8.4

2 A2a_C182

3 FSX SE

4 A2A C182 for example

5 Assigning buttons to flap incr and decr

6 Flaps change in two steps

Hi Jan

Thank you for sending me the files. I can see that you have assigned the LIB: Default FSX functions Flaps_decr and FSX:Flaps_incr to buttons 15 and 17 respectively. I can also see that you are only operating each button once. I can't see the effect you are getting but when I assign these to buttons on one of my devices I only get one movement. The only time I get a double movement is with the Saitek Multi Panel with both the device and Saitek Panels enabled in LINDA: this does not apply in your case.

Can I ask you to try changing the assignments to the Set FSX Control (towards bottom of popup menu) Flaps_decr and Flaps_incr functions? It should not make a difference but it will help eliminate other possibilities. Do you have another spare joystick you can connect and try? There are several devices called Control Manager that I do not recognise. Can you also try assigning the flaps functions for use with a Default FSX aircraft (i.e. Baron B58)?

Finally, I recommend you install LINDA 3.0.3 and FSUIPC4 4.971 as these are the latest versions compatible with FSX:SE.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Jan

Thank you for sending me the files. I can see that you have assigned the LIB: Default FSX functions Flaps_decr and FSX:Flaps_incr to buttons 15 and 17 respectively. I can also see that you are only operating each button once. I can't see the effect you are getting but when I assign these to buttons on one of my devices I only get one movement. The only time I get a double movement is with the Saitek Multi Panel with both the device and Saitek Panels enabled in LINDA: this does not apply in your case.

Can I ask you to try changing the assignments to the Set FSX Control (towards bottom of popup menu) Flaps_decr and Flaps_incr functions? It should not make a difference but it will help eliminate other possibilities. Do you have another spare joystick you can connect and try? There are several devices called Control Manager that I do not recognise. Can you also try assigning the flaps functions for use with a Default FSX aircraft (i.e. Baron B58)?

Finally, I recommend you install LINDA 3.0.3 and FSUIPC4 4.971 as these are the latest versions compatible with FSX:SE.

I tried your suggestion with changing to Set FSX Control and in addition to that upgraded LINDA and FSUIPC. No change

Let's try going a little deeper. Please open fsuipc4.ini in notepad and change LogOptionProtect to NO. Then open Console and select LUA, GUI and DEBUG logging under LINDA logging and Log IPC writes, Log FSX controls and Full Control Log under FSUIPC logging. Then run the previous test but this time operating flaps_inc and _dec several times. When this is done please close FSX-SE and LINDA to close logs. Then email me the fsuipc4.log again.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

10 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Let's try going a little deeper. Please open fsuipc4.ini in notepad and change LogOptionProtect to NO. Then open Console and select LUA, GUI and DEBUG logging under LINDA logging and Log IPC writes, Log FSX controls and Full Control Log under FSUIPC logging. Then run the previous test but this time operating flaps_inc and _dec several times. When this is done please close FSX-SE and LINDA to close logs. Then email me the fsuipc4.log again.

First I would like to point out that I have tried with default planes also. And sometimes things have worked as intended and sometimes the problem is there both with default planes and the A2A C182. And it's not dependent on which plane I use. I don't understand what is different. Also during your deeper suggestion things indeed worked this time. Can you see what is different at this compared to earlier

Thank you for the log file. It does not show the depth of debug information I was hoping and it does not show you operating the flaps (only the A2A battery and alternator. Please check that you have everything enabled at the bottom of the Console window and DEBUG is selected in the dropdown debug level. I am looking for a very big log file.

The default aircraft (B58 or basic Cessna) gives me a base level and a known starting point using only FSX Default functions. That is all.

It is strange that you are seeing normal single operation and double activation. That sounds like key bounce issues with your Warthog buttons. Is it just the flaps or do other functions cause a double action? I see you have a CH Yoke. Can you try assigning the same functions to buttons on the Yoke.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 2017-10-05 at 9:38 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Thank you for the log file. It does not show the depth of debug information I was hoping and it does not show you operating the flaps (only the A2A battery and alternator. Please check that you have everything enabled at the bottom of the Console window and DEBUG is selected in the dropdown debug level. I am looking for a very big log file.

The default aircraft (B58 or basic Cessna) gives me a base level and a known starting point using only FSX Default functions. That is all.

It is strange that you are seeing normal single operation and double activation. That sounds like key bounce issues with your Warthog buttons. Is it just the flaps or do other functions cause a double action? I see you have a CH Yoke. Can you try assigning the same functions to buttons on the Yoke.

Debug was not enabled. Sent you a new fsuipc log file. Now tried with the Aerosoft Beaver but with FSX default set in LINDA. On this plane with many flap positions I clearly see the flaps extend or retract two steps for each button press

Hi Jan

I can see several occasions where there are 2 flap events for one detected button press. I will need to wait until Sunday before I can try and reproduce the results. In the meantime, can you run another repeat of the last test with the GUI checkbox enabled on the Console page? All other logging options should be the same.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Jan

I had a thought overnight. Please check that you do not have the Flaps_dec/_inc commands set to the Warthog buttons in FSUIPC. Also email me a copy of your fsuipc4.ini file. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK