Sign in to follow this  
simmerluke

No Routes Available

2 minutes ago, luke464 said:

Just uninstalled EGLL and still getting the same problem.

Uninstalling and reinstalling things won't help, and can create more of a mess of things, so despite the earlier suggestion, I'd recommend against any uninstall/reinstall suggestions for the time being.

Specific to this case, your scenery has zero bearing on the route files. My reason for asking about it earlier had to do with the fact that a lot of people were trying to stuff v3 scenery into v4 by hacking into their registries with various tools (such as the Estonia Migration Tool). This confuses other programs, such as ours, when they're trying to determine various folder paths, such as the route folder.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the suggestions.

Both Origin and Destination are accepted on the RTE page, and appear on the ND.

I have just loaded up the 737 with a route flown previously, KSFOCYVR01. This also comes up as 'invalid entry'. Again, the route is actually there in the directory.

Luke

Luke Spencer

I have the same problem when requesting a route. Although I am able to enter a company route.

Luke, I'm trying to follow this but others seem to want to jump in with their own versions of this problem and I've got different problem descriptions confused.

To simplify, the PMDG products all have this in common:  They will load routes from either the pmdg\flightplans folder or the pmdg\flightplans\product folder.  Flightplans will not be opened if there is something wrong with their format.

Simple test is to create a flightplan using the FMS and save it.  For the 747 it will be saved to pmdg\flightplans\747.  Now you can clear the FMS by changing ORIG/DEST values and once cleared now try to load the same flightplan you just saved.  If that works, then I would suspect the flightplans that are not loading to have format problems.

Footnote probably unrelated, PFPX saves 747 flightplans to pmdg\flightplans\747 and I never get them to work from there.  If I save flightplans to pmdg\flightplans then they work.  I've not troubleshoot that before but maybe a bug?  Try pmdg\flightplans.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

this is what I do

put plans in:

\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS

since they will show up with the FMC defaults

then when the plan is adjusted and saved it goes into:

\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\747

since that's the FMC default and does not overwrite the original plan

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for further thoughts.

Just to reiterate, the flightplans I have in the flightplan folders (half a dozen or so) have each worked perfectly well in the past - and they were never deleted after each flight. None of those are now accessible. A fresh plan using Simbrief doesn't load and cannot be seen, either on a list or by direct name input in the FMS.

Interesting thought to try and create a plan in the FMS, save it and then try and re-load. Will give that a try later and post the result. Will also investigate putting them in the \FLIGHTPLANS folder rather than \FLIGHTPANS\747 etc.

Cheers

Luke

Luke Spencer

Just having a look into that:

\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS

\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\747

All compatible plans found by the FMC in both these directories are listed in the co route page, saves go into \747.

I suspect as soon as you save a plan you made in the FMC it will appear in the list.

You probably have the wrong type of .rte file and need to obtain a later version of the file type.

Having followed the suggestion to enter origin and destination into the FMS (and a basic route comprising one VOR) I see the SAVE RTE option appear. The filename is pre-filled as EGLLEGKK001 and once I complete the save it appears as CO ROUTE EGLLEGKK001. So far so good. But again, once the route is cleared from the FMS I am unable to retrieve it by typing its name back into CO ROUTE.

Also I can't see the new route appearing in either the FLIGHTPLANS or FLIGHTPLANS\747 folders after the save. I have just tried this with other quick routes, and in the 777 with the same result.

So it looks like there is something wrong with the way that the aircraft is dealing with files both in saving and loading.

Could it be worth an uninstall/reinstall of all PMDG aircraft?

Luke

Luke Spencer

Where is the location of your P3Dv4 folder Luke?

It's on a second HD, E:\Prepar3D v4.

I've been trying to discover if there's something that has changed with the folders themselves, maybe some sharing/security issue to do with Windows (10), or some Windows update that is preventing access from within the sim. I'm no expert there but I do seem to be able to write/change anything in the FLIGHTPLANS folders from within Windows with no restriction.

Luke

Luke Spencer

Then since your folder is accessible by you, then also the sim can access it while you are running it.

Could be the software is confused and trying to write out to another folder, maybe one that doesn't exist. It's an odd problem.

Yes, time to see what they can find.