Sign in to follow this  
simmerluke

No Routes Available

...possibly an anti-malware product could prevent it writing.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I have just managed to solve the problem by deleting the \FLIGHTPLANS and all subfolders completely, rebuilding them within Windows and copying back in the flightplans I had. All aircraft can now read the flightplans as they used to! Not sure exactly why the sim was unable to read the existing folders, but so far there seems to be no problem with the newly created ones.

Thanks to all for their suggestions and help on this.

Luke Spencer

Very little would have changed then. The new folders you made acquired the folder permissions of the User, and now it works. I would say that was a typical permissions issue but who knows?

I wouldn't have expected a permissions issue we could usually have solved that with one tick in a box.

So I am wondering, did you copy all the files back or leave some out? Possibly a corrupt or unusual file could stop the file display list.

If it was a permissions issue in that folder group I would want to know how it came about if possible but might be hard to track down. Also I would wonder if it is a fault inherent only in that subfolder group, or is it a fault with other folders or the sim subfolders in general. If so, since the PMDG accesses another folder with the panel states that might cause a problem.

So there are some things to ponder but I hope it's all working OK now, 

Hello,

I have the same problem - NO ROUTES Available in PMDG 777 P3dv4.1 - It worked perfectly in the FSX version

2 hours ago, Viennaman said:

Hello,

I have the same problem - NO ROUTES Available in PMDG 777 P3dv4.1 - It worked perfectly in the FSX version

I don't know whether it's related but after updating Windows 10 to the latest version, I lost all FMS data and had to re-run the Navigraph updater to get it back...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I found that requesting a route after entering a flight number would always cause a no routes available error. So now I enter my origin and destination first then request the route before entering a flight number.

2 hours ago, james42 said:

I found that requesting a route after entering a flight number would always cause a no routes available error. So now I enter my origin and destination first then request the route before entering a flight number.

This might be correct behavior, if the saved route either was not saved by the FMS or was saved without a flight number.  If you assign a flight number then save the route then the flight number can be use to identify the route, and then you can enter the flight number alone to retrieve it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan is correct. The function will try to filter using all of the information you've already provided, using AND conditions.

So, if you've entered:

• KIAD
  • EDDF
  • DLH418

It's looking for a flight plan from KIAD to EDDF with DLH418 as the flight number. If you were to enter DLH418 only, it would find anything using that flight number. Route pair only - those two airports. Departure only - only that airport.

...and my usual statement to close it all out: it's all in the Intro :biggrin:

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Guys,

thanks for all the answers. But this is not completely correct.  That is what was working perfectly fine with FSX and PMDG and made Flightplans so easy and real.

When i was playing THE FSX with  PMDG 777, I saved my Flightplan in PFPX under FSX-PMDG-PLIGHTPLAN-777. Than i opened FSX and PMDG, Than i just had to press the button - ROUTE REQUEST - LSK3 left - than i had folder called 777 or Generic - i pressed on  777 where i could see the route that i have saved before - pressed on that and the FMC automatically put the ORIG and DEST AIRPORT and the ROUTE into the FMS - so i had to only put in DEPT runway and ORG runway in. That was it.- Now i get a message when i press on ROUTE REQUEST - NO ROUTES AVAILABLE - although i have them saved - in P3D4 - PMDG - FLIGHTPLANS - 777 

I erased PMDG and reinstalled it again - nothing changed.

IF you look at the flight plans save - its only Origin and dest.rte file. No flight number and this was working fine in FSX. afterwards i put in the Flightnumber after the flight plan was already int he FMC.

Thats what I found out so far: 

when i make myself a flightplan and save it - It saves it under P3d - PMDG - Flightplan and i can do than a route request and he will automatically put all parameters in the FMC (route and also ORIG and DEST)

Now i made a flight plan CYYZ to RJTT - saved in in PFPX under P3d - PMFDG - Flightplans - exactly the same folder where LOWWEDDF is and when i do route request he doesnt show the fligh plan in the 777 folder of the FMS

I have really no clue anymore.

What is the filename given to the route by PFPX? I assume it is LOWWEDDF01.rte but you left that out.  I routinely save both pln and rte files with PFPX and only problem I have is with pmdg\flightplans\747....., I need to use pmdg\flightplans and have not spent much time troubleshooting that oddity... otherwise, I cannot reproduce the problem you are having.  I assume you are doing a route request with at least LOWW entered as origin?

This gets a little confusing because you keep talking about the 777 and this is the 747 forum.

Dan Downs KCRP