Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Big Bear Airport Add-on Coming To Flight Sim World

6ca5302d5f54e25ea78bf4428c297c4b54b3ce14

Turbulent Designs are bringing Big Bear Airport to Flight Sim World, taking advantage of the updates to physically-based rendering to realistically map out this high-altitude airport.

You can find Big Bear nestled within the San Bernardino Mountains in the United States, close to 6000 ft above sea level.

If you're looking to replicate real-world flights into Big Bear, there are some specific flight rules for this GA focused airport. Inbound flights fly in over the ski slopes at 9,500 feet and departing traffic flys at or below 8,000 feet. 

Who are Turbulent Designs?
Turbulent Designs are a third party add-on developer, with a history in creating scenery, airports and mission packs for flight simulators. Their support has been invaluable in helping further develop the scenery components of our upcoming SDK.

Let us know what you think about the first scenery add-on for Flight Sim World. Big Bear Airport will be available for purchase shortly.

fd3e4d710fbb5361c729a7da8d5594aaef640f9e

30a020fdb84a44ce4974864b1af57dad86268972

• Upvote 9

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

That runway surface and even the runway markings look 3D! Surely this is a must-have add-on, especially if you're into screenshots...

Wow, I will buy it day one for sure.

Cryss, I know it´s on the plans to improve, but you guys should really look into the ground scenery improvements (trees, autogen, object shadows, cloud shadows etc). You look at those pictures, the Cub looks amazing, the runway and airport look amazing, then you look to those trees and the blurry textures... It´s an immersion killer. 

Anyways, keep the good work, FSW is already my main simulator, it´s evolving great in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Cryss, I know it´s on the plans to improve, but you guys should really look into the ground scenery improvements (trees, autogen, object shadows, cloud shadows etc). You look at those pictures, the Cub looks amazing, the runway and airport look amazing, then you look to those trees and the blurry textures... It´s an immersion killer. 

Anyways, keep the good work, FSW is already my main simulator, it´s evolving great in my opinion. 

I believe improvements to autogen scenery are on the cards for the future, though always appreciate the feedback. 

• Upvote 1

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

I would buy it just to taxi up and down that runway all day. Wow! If that's an example of what PBR gets us I can't wait to see more...

Thumbs up for this one. I haven't seen a runway surface as true to life as the above screenshot in any sim. Excellent. Thanks DTG for sticking with it and continuing to improve the sim and the DLC.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I’ll buy this thing nowww just to look at the ground for a bit .... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Look at the yellow painted line next to the airplane on the runway. That is crazy. I hope my computer can handle this and the sim gets optimized...And the lighting reflecting the cracks. Never seen anything like this before in a flight sim. Just imagine what rain could look like on that...This could take things up a notch...

5 hours ago, ca_metal said:

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/product-category/products/ It looks better on their website. I think they have something called TerraFlora that is supposed to be an improvement on all autogen trees and foliage.

Looking forward to this one!  It really looks great.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I am really happy for the people that really like scenery, airport's, etc.... Looks amazing to me, and so real :) Bring on all the DLC you want DTG, and 3rd party dev's, eventually there will be something for all of us! We will look back one day and say, Remember when we had 1 DLC plane, 1 Mission pack, and 1 airport. Those were the days :) Ahh the beginning...

• Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

So if that runway is an example of the benefits of PBR, then I get what the fuss is all about. Bring on BPR for the default runway textures! ...I'm guessing there is a significant performance catch right?

Chris

The impact on performance depends on how much area you are currently viewing.  Here is a simple example.

Zoom out, more rendering, FPS drops.  Zoom in, less rendering, FPS increases.  Which is why the cockpit views tend to sit around 30 FPS regardless due to all that stuff being PBR.