Sign in to follow this  
Dolev Ravid

pmdg & bbj

Hi guys!

I would like to purchase PMDG product but trying to understand if PMDG have the BBJ on their fleet?

if not, there's in option to get it on their's products?

No BBJ exists. And no current option to get it in as fuel. For visual you can use repaints

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

FWIW there are several repaints out, that are sufficient for me... my favorite is a BBJ2 repaint for the -800. Search for N737GG.... brilliant.

HTH- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

repaint if not my problem. the bbj can make almost 4000nm (!)... that's what i'm looking for.
thiny aircraft that can make transatlantic flight :)

The longest flight I ever did with a PMDG 737-700 was over 11 hours. Of course, it was done with pilots, 4 passengers and a couple of suitcases. If you find a suitable livery for a BBJ that you like, just load it very light and you will be able to make those transatlantic flights with fuel to spare.

1 hour ago, Dolev Ravid said:

repaint if not my problem. the bbj can make almost 4000nm (!)... that's what i'm looking for.
thiny aircraft that can make transatlantic flight :)

I use the PMDG B736 as my BBJ and it will fly transatlantic no problem as long as you are not also trying to go transcontinental.  She will also make it to Hawaii from W Coast no problem.  In fact, I have taken her around the world with the longest leg being between Broom AU to Bangkok.  True, it doesn't have the auxiliary tanks that you would find in a BBJ package but she sure is fun to fly.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

I use the PMDG B736 as my BBJ and it will fly transatlantic no problem as long as you are not also trying to go transcontinental.  She will also make it to Hawaii from W Coast no problem.  In fact, I have taken her around the world with the longest leg being between Broom AU to Bangkok.  True, it doesn't have the auxiliary tanks that you would find in a BBJ package but she sure is fun to fly.

Thank you downscs! do you have the repaints of the bbj ?

In the AVSIM library.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

B737-700's are flown by Alaska from the west coast to Hawaii.  There's a British LCC flying -700's or -800's across the NAT.

American is flying A321s to Hawaii as well.  

Check FlightRadar24 and you may be able to find them.

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

There's a really good 777 BBJ Livery available in the Avsim library, search VP-CAL and you'll find it!

8 hours ago, ClearedtoLand said:

The longest flight I ever did with a PMDG 737-700 was over 11 hours. Of course, it was done with pilots, 4 passengers and a couple of suitcases. If you find a suitable livery for a BBJ that you like, just load it very light and you will be able to make those transatlantic flights with fuel to spare.

Ahem... 11 Hours? Where was that from and to?  I cannot wrap my head around the thought of a 737 flying for 11 hours straight.  For that matter, thinking of sitting my (awkwardly) tall but narrow frame in an economy seat of a 737 (or comparably sized bird) for 11 hours is something that makes me feel a little bit uneasy... :P (If I could chat to the pilots in the flight, it might change my mind though...)

Edited by Guest
Improved phrasing.

6 hours ago, richjb2 said:

B737-700's are flown by Alaska from the west coast to Hawaii.  There's a British LCC flying -700's or -800's across the NAT. American is flying A321s to Hawaii as well.

Qantas and Virgin Australia fly the 737-800 from Sydney to Bali daily.  Fiji Airways also flies between the Australian East Coast (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) with Boeing 737-800/700's.  Fiji Airways also flies between Nadi and Honolulu with a Boeing 737-800. (However, I believe that that requires a stop over in Apia if certain conditions aren't met.)

ETOPS and the range you can squeeze out of a 737 (or the babybus equivalent) now is pretty remarkable.

3 hours ago, VHOEI said:

Ahem... 11 Hours? Where was that from and to?  I cannot wrap my head around the thought of a 737 flying for 11 hours straight.  For that matter, thinking of sitting my (awkwardly) tall but narrow frame in an economy seat of a 737 (or comparably sized bird) for 11 hours is something that makes me feel a little bit uneasy... :P (If I could chat to the pilots in the flight, it might change my mind though...)

This is a BBJ we're talking about, mind you, so no economy seats in question as far as I'm aware.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

7 hours ago, VHOEI said:

I'm not sure, it was a long time ago, but it may have been Diego Garcia to Accra Ghana.

I will try to recreate the flight tonight to see whether it was that one and then make a note of passengers, cargo, fuel, distance, CI, cruise altitude, and what all of that results in.

And speaking as someone who has done Qantas 63 and 64 between FAOR and YSSY, spending 14 hours in economy class is not a lot more fun in a jet much bigger than the 737. I think Australia owes the world collectively an apology, have a spectacular country but hide it away in some near inaccessible corner of the world ... that's cruel!