Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Simbrief Wind Uplink PMDG

Hello all... I am able to upload a flight plan into the NGX via Simbrief without issue.  However, I am having trouble with uploading the wind uplink from Simbrief.  I am using P3Dv4.  Can anyone point me in the right direction and explain how and when it should be useful?  Thank you.

Brad Zimmer

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

The NGX does not have the wind data download capability, never has.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well then there is my answer.  Thanks!

Brad Zimmer

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Well then there is my answer.  Thanks!

Brad Zimmer

The 777 was the first product with this functionality, and it came years after the NGX (it seems).  What I do is pretty basic, and that is simply put the average wind in the field below cruise altitude on the PERF page.  This works well enough for the stage lengths typically flown with the NG.  Also, I've never found much of an advantage to filling in the descent forecast page either.  Doesn't hurt to leave it blank.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 10/3/2017 at 2:37 PM, downscc said:

The NGX does not have the wind data download capability, never has.

I wonder if the real NG does. I imagine it would depending on the operator.

Vic green

4 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

I wonder if the real NG does. I imagine it would depending on the operator.

Sure it has the capability.... it just happens that PMDG is not providing ACARS which most all operators use.  The wind data thing is a nice to have feature that is only a small part of what ACARS provides.

Dan Downs KCRP

What I usually do with the winds data is take the FL on approach and match them with the flight plan with PFPX and it has worked flawlessly in the past for me. I keep an eye on the wind at the dest using AS and change it if need be.