I just updated to a new preset and ive got no Terrain. https://imgur.com/a/nurNR

Any sugestions how to fix?

I have tried going back to the old preset but it is the same 

ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Prepar3D V4\pta_2.52\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Prepar3D V4\pta_2.52\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Prepar3D V4\pta_2.52\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Prepar3D V4\pta_2.52\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Prepar3D V4\pta_2.52\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Prepar3D V4\pta_2.52\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not found

Errors i get when applying any preset

If memory serves me right, when playing with PTA and you lose correct shaders. Un-install Client and then reinstall it. Nothing is disturbed. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Either reinstall the CLIENT only, or send me an email quoting this topic to matt.davies@projectfly.co.uk and i'll help you.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

I hate to say this ... but I get no terrain either!!!

I reinstalled the 4.1 client before I tried PTA 2.60 (just to be sure). No terrain or sea.

Reinstalled the client again. Same problem.

This is with my old 2.5.2 preset (25_04) edited and resaved (as 26_01).

*However* loading the MattDavies1.3 preset works fine.

Looks to me like there's something not quite backwards compatible with earlier presets. Either that, or there just happens to be a combination of settings I have in 25_04 that's causing the problem.

I'll work my way through gradually copying over the values to see if I can spot the culprit(s).

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

3 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I hate to say this ... but I get no terrain either!!!

I reinstalled the 4.1 client before I tried PTA 2.60 (just to be sure). No terrain or sea.

Reinstalled the client again. Same problem.

This is with my old 2.5.2 preset (25_04) edited and resaved (as 26_01).

*However* loading the MattDavies1.3 preset works fine.

Looks to me like there's something not quite backwards compatible with earlier presets. Either that, or there just happens to be a combination of settings I have in 25_04 that's causing the problem.

I'll work my way through gradually copying over the values to see if I can spot the culprit(s).

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the heads up - I'll investigate this as a matter of urgency. If you figure out before me, let me know - we'll then publish a hotfix :)

Thanks,

Matt.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

7 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

Thanks for the heads up - I'll investigate this as a matter of urgency. If you figure out before me, let me know - we'll then publish a hotfix :)

Great to see you're monitoring this "live", so to speak!

I'm doing some more tests right now, but it's 2am here in NZ so I should really be sloping off soon, LOL!

My primary suspects at the moment are the two Custom Tweaks -  with some fancy code that I used to tweak up moonlit nights. It wouldn't surprise me if the coding isn't P3D v4.1-compatible.

Nope (drat)! Just tried with them disabled. Still no terrain. Maybe some of my other parameters are out of range somehow. Back to the drawing board!

If you haven't already got my old 25_04, the link is here: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dload&fname=Adam_PTA_25_04.zip

Adam.

Adam,

Tried adam_pta25_03 and I got no errors.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

45 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Adam,

Tried adam_pta25_03 and I got no errors.

Great, thanks - that's a clue! Many thanks! I'll try it myself.

Adam.

UPDATE: 25_03 does indeed work on my system. Weird!!!! Now all I need to do is compare the two!

UPDATE 2: A completely unedited 25_04 appears to work also. So ... I'll need to see what tweaks I made when I re-saved my old 25_04 as 26_01. As far as I remember, I just changed some VC lighting values.

I think I have a clue ...

I checked back on my failed 26_01 preset and found that the value for SizeRatio in [WATER_WAVESIZE] had been replaced by a series of lower case "o"s. Once a proper value (7) was added, the preset loaded normally (yay!!!).

Stangely, I think I've seen this happen before - but I put it down to some joystick macro that was firing as I flew, but was somehow [also] writing back to my PTA edit window.

I suppose I could make sure I totally close the PTA GUI when flying, but I often make temporary/unsaved edits as I test in P3D, then close P3D, save the modified preset and re-apply.

However - it may be nothing to do with any of that. Is there a possibility that PTA is somehow corrupting that value - either whilst editing or when saving/applying <???>.

Adam.

Matt - I think we're all sorted! No idea how that water value got corrupted,, but it really is GREAT to have PTA running as advertised. Well done!!!!

Adam.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.