Sign in to follow this  
concordeaa

Wilco Citation X

Hi, I have just purchased Wilco Citation X for Fs9 I'm using windows 7 64bit for some reason there appears to be no 2D cockpit. When it loads up the 2d is just a black area? Any ideas please.

The 3D is there though.

Thanks Jonathan

In the Technical Information tab on their website, compatible with XP and 7 32 bit. Nothing indicated regarding x64.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

But on the Support page, it says:

"We do not support the use of our FS2004 add-ons under Windows Vista/7 (although they may work).

Make sure to run the installation of the add-on and of Flight Simulator with full Administrator rights by right-clicking on the application file and selecting the "As Administrator" feature.

At the first add-on installation, make sure to accept the DLL Warning after the aircraft selection."

Hi, Thanks looks like i made a mistake buying it which is a shame, i will wait and see if anyone else has any bright ideas.

Thanks for your prompt response.

J

3 minutes ago, A32xx said:

But on the Support page, it says:

"We do not support the use of our FS2004 add-ons under Windows Vista/7 (although they may work).

Make sure to run the installation of the add-on and of Flight Simulator with full Administrator rights by right-clicking on the application file and selecting the "As Administrator" feature.

At the first add-on installation, make sure to accept the DLL Warning after the aircraft selection."

The DLL warning? not seen that what do you mean?

1 hour ago, concordeaa said:

The DLL warning? not seen that what do you mean?

Sorry that's a quote from Wilco's Support page, I don't have their Citation X. It does seem to be the kind of warning which FSX sufferers have to put with though. The point of the quote is that the Citation X will work in Win7 x64, Wilco just don't guarantee it. Their customer support is second to none-existant, so if you can't find any answers on Google hopefully someone here can help.

I have it on Win 7 and 2D panel certainly does work. Appears you may have it hidden from what I can tell. Check your view settings.

Mark Daniels

Hi Max, Thanks when i look in the panel folder the the BMP image shows a blacked out area rather than an image of the 2D cockpit.

Does anyone else have any bright ideas.

Thanks J

I have just discovered other aircraft feel there E 190 also with the same problem on the 2 D panel, could it have something to do with the photo viewing software, what is the best photo software for viewing the bitmap panels?

Somehow it must have something to do with it.

Tks

Microsoft Paint, in your Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories, should open it for you.

OK, after a bit more googling, the 2D panel is part of the CitationX.gau file which should be in the Panel folder. If it isn't there or in the main Gauges folder, you'll need to re-install the CitationX (as Administrator) and check the Panel folder again.

Hi, and thanks for helping. The CitationX.gau file is already in the panel folder and i did reinstall as an administrator, still no further yet but not giving up. Thanks

18 hours ago, Max50 said:

I have it on Win 7 and 2D panel certainly does work. Appears you may have it hidden from what I can tell. Check your view settings.

Hi Max, any chance of looking in your Citation X panel folder and listing what files should be there.

Thanks

In you fs9.cfg file check for this line:

PanelAsTexture=1

and try setting it to 0. Often helps with disappearing 2D panels.