Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Salvino

Help w/add-on mission

Hi, can someone please help. Ive done all the official mission add-ons that are offered on the official FSX Steam store, so I went elsewhere, I purchased a download called "Deluxe Bush Flying Christmas Bundle" from a site called PC Aviator. 

It had only 3, what sounded simple, activating instructions. The default aircraft the program wanted to use I couldn't find so purchased the closest thing to it on official FSX page & figured out how to make that the aircraft to use, so that part is good.

Main problem: Soon as I load mission 1, it starts in a crashed state, and therefore FSX automatically ends the mission & attempts to restart, beginning the cycle again. I believe it has something to do with an error code I'm getting soon as I start up FSX, it says "SCENERY.CFG file error, Invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 122". ", and there's a few, all same except have different numbers at end. In the instructions it states to copy the scenery file & paste it in this other file, but apparently something is not right. Any ideas? I'd be willing to make a pay-pal donation to anyone who can help with this because its really annoying and there  are no other missions on the official FSX page, which btw is crazy, they have many aircraft & airports, but not really any missions. Thanks.

In most cases you cannot FSX products into FSX-SE as there are different directories.  So, hopefully, the product you purchased from PC Aviator was compatible with FSX-SE.  If the scenery was installed in the FSX directory, you can open up FSX-SE's Scenery Library and add the scenery to FSX-SE.  If you want to delete Area 122, goto C:\ProgramData|\Microsoft\FSX-SE and open up Scenery.cfg with Notepad.

Most members use the addon SceneryConfigEditor to add/remove or repair the FSX-SE Scenery Library - https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim thanks much for the advice, I appreciate it. I actually am now using the software, just had to start with mission 2 instead of 1, that's all. The notification of the not exact aircraft has stopped, I'm using a C206 Stationair, its weird how the notification just ended though. Anyway, things do get tricky with the computer jargon. 

I will make a donation, if there is a preferred section to do so, just let me know. Thanks again.

6 hours ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

I will make a donation, if there is a preferred section to do so, just let me know. Thanks again.

Hi Anthony.  Thanks for your comments.  Any donations in any section are welcomed and the Board of Directors' and CEO of AVSIM appreciate anything you can give.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

sure thing, just sent one actually in the one spot I saw the option for. Will donate again later this week i'll have another question, talk to you then, thanks.

Thank you for your support.

Submit News to AVSIM