Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

PF3 ATC and GTN 750

Not exactly sure where to pose this question so I'll try it here.  Since flight plans from Plan G can't be used in the GTN 750, can I do a flight plan in plan G upload it in FSX, then manually upload the same flight plan in the GTN 750 and go from there. Would this be a viable work around, or would there be a conflict somewhere that would prevent me from using the GTN 750? Not exactly sure how all this interacts. Just wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction.  Got hooked on the GTN 750 because of it's ease of use and would like to use it with PF3.

Plan-G is a great tool and I use it a lot. However, it does not Export in a GFP file format which is what the GTN750 can read and import.

I too use my GTN exclusively so what I do now is to use the other flight planning tool like Plan-G know as Little NavMap

Check it out, you will be happy especially being able to export your plan to FSX as well as in GFP format for the GTN.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

4 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Plan-G is a great tool and I use it a lot. However, it does not Export in a GFP file format which is what the GTN750 can read and import.

I too use my GTN exclusively so what I do now is to use the other flight planning tool like Plan-G know as Little NavMap

Check it out, you will be happy especially being able to export your plan to FSX as well as in GFP format for the GTN.

Thanks, much appreciated....

Dane, I have one question.  Do I need to save the flight plan twice.  One as .pln for fsx and the other as .gfp for the GTN 750?

2 hours ago, C130FE said:

Dane, I have one question.  Do I need to save the flight plan twice.  One as .pln for fsx and the other as .gfp for the GTN 750?

No you do not. But only if you want to keep the route for a future FSX plan, if not you can just export the route to a GFP plan and then when you go into GTN Flight Planner, go to Catalogs then click the Menu at the bottom and click on Import, you will then see all the GFP saved routes.

One other thing, often your saved route may have Waypoints that GTN does not recognize so then while in GTN you can create a User Waypoint.

Regards, Dane

If you want to use it with PF3 yes you do have to export it in both formats. PF3 doesn't understand .gfp. 

Best,

David

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

Dane, Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I just downloaded Little Navmap, created a flight plan, exported it into the F1GTN flight plan folder, but when I go to fly, and I go to bring it up and import it is not there.  A couple of flight plans I saved after I did them from within the GTN 750 are there but I cannot import them from the GTN flight plan folder.  I am saving them in the .gfp format, verify that the flight plan is in the correct folder but cannot import it when I go to fly.  Thanks.

40 minutes ago, C130FE said:

Dane, Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I just downloaded Little Navmap, created a flight plan, exported it into the F1GTN flight plan folder, but when I go to fly, and I go to bring it up and import it is not there.  A couple of flight plans I saved after I did them from within the GTN 750 are there but I cannot import them from the GTN flight plan folder.  I am saving them in the .gfp format, verify that the flight plan is in the correct folder but cannot import it when I go to fly.  Thanks.

Let me try to help...

1. Make sure you are exporting the GFP plan to the correct folder -- mine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\F1GTN\FPL

2. When in the GTN there are three steps to import:

1. When in GTN Flight Plsan click on Menu,

2. When Menu opens up click on Import,

3. When Import opens up you will see all the "Imported" plans.

See attached print screens -- hope this helps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t383fneCpBZsr6wB3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3DH5LPaFCCf3P1v1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ap3fWwrXAatDgMns1

Regards, Dane

4 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Let me try to help...

1. Make sure you are exporting the GFP plan to the correct folder -- mine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\F1GTN\FPL

2. When in the GTN there are three steps to import:

1. When in GTN Flight Plsan click on Menu,

2. When Menu opens up click on Import,

3. When Import opens up you will see all the "Imported" plans.

See attached print screens -- hope this helps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t383fneCpBZsr6wB3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3DH5LPaFCCf3P1v1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ap3fWwrXAatDgMns1

Dane, I've done exactly as you said.  I even verify that the gfp file is in the folder.  Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight SimulatorX\F1GTN\FPN.  Still doesn't show up when I try to import into the GTN 750.  Just don't get it cause the file is in the folder!!!  But doesn't show when I go to import!!!

4 hours ago, C130FE said:

Dane, I've done exactly as you said.  I even verify that the gfp file is in the folder.  Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight SimulatorX\F1GTN\FPN.  Still doesn't show up when I try to import into the GTN 750.  Just don't get it cause the file is in the folder!!!  But doesn't show when I go to import!!!

I don't know what else to tell you as what I have laid out is correct.

There is one thing I notice in your directory listing above - your last folder says FPN and it should be FPL. Not sure if that was a typo or if that is actually how you have it in your system.

What about your other directories in setting up Little NavMap are they OK? Like your Flight Simulator and Scenery Config paths and your Save Flight Plan PLN path.

If all this is correct I would then suggest emailing Little NavMap he is very good at responding and helping -albar965@mailbox.org

Regards, Dane

8 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

I don't know what else to tell you as what I have laid out is correct.

There is one thing I notice in your directory listing above - your last folder says FPN and it should be FPL. Not sure if that was a typo or if that is actually how you have it in your system.

What about your other directories in setting up Little NavMap are they OK? Like your Flight Simulator and Scenery Config paths and your Save Flight Plan PLN path.

If all this is correct I would then suggest emailing Little NavMap he is very good at responding and helping -albar965@mailbox.org

Thanks, I'll double check all the paths and the FPN was my mistake.  Thanks for your help.  Appreciate it.

Ok, don't know why, but after following the procedure you gave me Dane, it finally started working.  Don't understand as I did the same thing must have been 25 times and all of a sudden it started working, and works great.  So thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

Ok, don't know why, but after following the procedure you gave me Dane, it finally started working.  Don't understand as I did the same thing must have been 25 times and all of a sudden it started working, and works great.  So thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

You are very welcome, enjoy. I know what it's like to be stuck with a problem, but there are so many great people on AVSIM that are willing to help.

Regards, Dane